Born again marries JW

by mamashel 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• mamashel
    mamashel

My name is Shelley, and I am fairly new to the board. I was born and raised a born again christian in the old holy roller type church. Mostly mom was the church goer, not dad. Got into alot of trouble as a teen with drugs and drinking, but got pregnant in high school and married high school sweet heart. Well that was a terrible relationship. With 2 children and being hit all the time, i decided to leave the marriage. He was a terrible alchoholic. I left and found myself lonely and wanted to be with someone, well that someone ended up in bed with me and i had another child. He ended up being on crack cocain. That was a short relationship but now with 3 children and a husband that i wasnt even with, I decided to be by myself for a while. I had a really good job at the time and was living on my own. I had a cadilac and a olds 98, both new (was making good money).

I was at a club and met someone and we exchanged numbers and got together later that week. BIG mistake. Well here we go again, crack addicted women beater. Neadless to say, i am fyrtl myrtle and was pregnant once again. (#4) I know i might sound like i was easy, but, well i guess i was. LOL. Now I had no where to go, he was supposed to be paying the rent and ends up he was spending the money on drugs. Well one night after beating me in front of the kids, i had him arrested and he went to jail. He really be me bad that night, and i was so afraid to leave him, i didnt know what to do. Well it ends up that he was on parroll and i never had a clue. He ended up going back to prison on a parroll violation. Thank God, and he is still there. Found out later he had been in on an attempted murder charge.

Later I returned to church and met some really good friends. Stayed about 2 years and ended up meeting someone at a friends house by accident. Oh yeah, in between church and boyfriend, my 1st husband ended up getting hit by a car while walking drunk on a road and was killed. That was a very hard time in my life, because i felt if I would not have left him, this wouldnt have happened.

Anyway, i met this guy, and we started talking, and ended up talkin all night. I made him some breakfast and figured i would never see him again. Well he asked for my number and he actually called. lol. We got together and started dating, fell in love, and guess what? got pregnant with #5. Well he wanted to get married and I did too so we did. The thing was he started talking about wanting to live right before God. So he shared with me some things about JWs. My first feeling was NO WAY, i've heard about those people. But love will make you do some crazy things. Si I went. 3 years later baptized, married and number 6 on the way. Life was good. Hahahahaha.

So today, we are still happily married (10 years). We are both inactive and really for the first time starting to enjoy life together. He was so stiff necked at the hall, i told him i didnt even like him as a witness. I believe with all my heart after reading Crisis of Conscience that the things I was being taught are out right LIES. Hubby says he still thinks it may be the truth, but has no desire to go. We have 4 sons, he is their football coach, and loves it. Nothing has ever made him so happy. We also have 2 girls and a grandson, and a grandson on the way. We are now getting ready to move into our new house and start a new life together. My biggest prayer is that he will get a revelation of his own about the organization. My biggest fear that was if i left the hall, he would leave me. But he has assurred me that his love for me is far greater than ever before and we are doing better without it.

Thank you to all of you who when I first came to the board were so kind and helpful to someone who was afraid and lost. You are really a wonderful group of FRIENDS, REAL FRIENDS!!!

Shelley

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Im Glad everything worked out for you!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, Shel.

It is interesting that you saw a difference in you husband while he was a jw. I'm glad you guys are having a good time now and your marriage can move forward.

Great to have you here.

Hugs,

j2bf

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks for sharing this Mama!!! Congratulations....

I'm glad you have a happy ending story.... I always say, when things are rough, stick it out. I believe if you really want them to, things work out for the best. It's a great feeling when you get to a point in your life when you can look back and say "man, how did i ever get through that?" But we do. That's the beauty of it.

You get a great big *MUAH* today too..... (man I'm just in a smooching mood today. I must do something about that)

<------- is off to go cuss someone out

• outnfree
    outnfree

Mamashel,

WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK ON THIS BOARD AGAIN!????? GET PACKIN' !!!!

Seriously, thanks for sharing more of your story. It was nice to meet you in chat this afternoon!

Love,

out

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Shelley and welcome to the board

It sounds like your family is starting to enjoy living NORMAL lives, without all the restrictive BS from the JWs. Congratulations! Perhaps the longer your husband is away from the repressive JW environment, the more clearly he will be able to see how warped it is.

Thanks for sharing part of your story with us.

Dana

• flower
    flower

very cool shelley. glad you're hubby and family are enjoying life. you deserve it.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Welcome indeed, Shelley!

Talking with you in chat, I would never have imagined the rough ride you've had. So glad you have found that oh-so-elusive happiness.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit