Help and suggestions

by JG 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JG
    JG

Robyn,
    How's stuff in KC? You are getting a little paranoid hun. I've talked to you in chat before and you can look over my old posts I am completely legit, I am who I am, I am to tired to play little games and games aren't my thing. i havn't been in religious studies since CCD in highschool. err 14 years ago. But honestly it maybe that it's such a basic teaching that noone discuss' it (the theory aformentioned) In my web searches I have done that isn't anything I have seen discussed. Ahh well take it or leave it. What do I care.
    Love in Christ.
    Sean

• Robdar
    Robdar

JG,

What has 1 discussion in chat got to do with me being paranoid? Stop trying to divert the issue here. Something is fishy if you in "all your studies of Mary and all" never came across this teaching. By the way, honoring Mary, praying to her in fact, is a church DOCTRINE not a theory. Your use of the word theory also has me doubting about how deep your involvement is in Catholicism. If it is only a theory to you, why waste your wife's time or ours?

'What do I care" If you don't care, why did you respond?

BTW, hun, Kansas City is fine. Funny, that you should remember I live in KC after meeting me once, but you can't remember one of the reasons for a basic doctrine of your faith.

Yes, there is love in Christ,

Robyn

Oh and I just have to respond to this remark you made: "Don't worry I don't judge anyone That's not my Job." And yet you call me paranoid. Sounds like a judgment to me. You are getting pretty defensive for somebody who asks 'What do I care".

Edited by - robdar on 30 August 2002 1:40:28

Edited by - robdar on 30 August 2002 2:6:51

• JG
    JG

Kansas City, I'm a HUGE Chiefs fan. The theory I was talking about is

: re: Marian worship? If Jesus' name is the one name by which humankind is to attain to salvation and Jesus obeyed the Law Covenant perfectly and thus obeyed the commandment to honor his MOTHER and Father, why cannot humankind also honor Jesus' mother? Despite my run-on sentence , this is an argument a Catholic Bible student of mine once gave me, and I saw no way to refute her logic.

Not Marian Worship in it's self. Actually I don't believe in Marian WORSHIP , I have no problem with showing respect to and asking her to intercede for me but there is only one you should worship. It's actually others who say we worship mary and that's a whole different thing. Never the less I like you and don't want you to dislike me because you think I might be a WTmole or whatever.

Sean

• simplesally
    simplesally

JG has a point...... when I was Catholic, and all the Catholics I know, will tell you: they don't worship Mary. Mary is honored, respected and praised as a woman to exemplify, a woman of faith and one that can hopefully intercede for humans. In recalling the Wine at Cana episode, she interceded on behalf of the couple. Catholics believe that only God or Jesus can help them. We used to believe that Mary could plead your case when you were too embarrassed to talk to God or Jesus about it, especially about female things (ie losing a baby, wanting a baby, suffering)

• Robdar
    Robdar

Simple Sally,

When was worship of Mary mentioned in any of these posts? We are talking about respect of Mary. Yes, the belief is she can intercede on behalf of sinners. I see nothing in his post where JG mentions worshipping Mary nor had I addressed the issue of worshipping Mary. Worship of Mary is not the subject at hand. The subject being discussed is the reasoning that Outnfree's Bible student gave for honoring Mary. JG says he has never heard of this "theory" in all his "studies of Mary and all". My problem with not quite buying JG's story is his use of the word "theory" and the fact that he has never heard of this sort of reasoning by the Catholics as stated in Out's post.

Thanks for your response.

Robyn

PS: JG, if you like the Chiefs, I am sure that we will let you take them off our hands for a very small fee.

R

Okay, our posts crossed.....I see now what you are both talking about

Edited by - robdar on 30 August 2002 2:19:30

Edited by - robdar on 30 August 2002 2:21:22

• Robdar
    Robdar

JG and Sally,

I want to apologize that I did not notice that the subject at hand had changed from respect of Mary to the worship of Mary. While trying to read your posts, the cat chased the dog and the dog knocked over one of my plant stands. So, in the process of putting the dog outside and cleaning up the spilled dirt and trying to read your posts, as well as post to you both, I got rather confused.

Sorry for my confusion.

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

This post repeated. Deleted for sake of space by Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 30 August 2002 2:34:52

• JG
    JG

No problem Robynn,

I hope the mess wasn't to big from your "kids" . Hehe Kathy makes the dog stay out from april/may till mid sept.

Love in Christ,
    Sean

Ignorant Catholic Class

• Robdar
    Robdar

JG,

It should be a crime the way the cat chases this dog. But the dog loves it, I think. And for the most part, they are good buddies.

I'm glad the fracas happened though. I was getting more involved in this thread than was warranted. Have a good night.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 30 August 2002 3:37:51

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit