Witness phone auto message

by FayeDunaway 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

A friend just texted that she just now received a generic phone message from the witnesses to check out the 'best Christian resource online at jw.(b)org!'

so this is what they're doing now? Spam voicemail is going to make people like them better?? LOL.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

They seem to be about 20 years behind on advertising concepts. Maybe in another 5 years there will be witness spam emails...

Right next to Russian brides and pharma online store ads there will be 'check out the best online Christian site! JW!' And the sheeples will go 'ooooh, they are so innovative!!'

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wait, do you mean a robocall?!

We should totally do some using black propaganda techniques. Script:

[robot voice]"This is your neighbor. I would like to invite you to my website, j w dot org. There you will find the answers to all life's questions, including why gee ho vuh hates masturbation, medical treatment, science, and tight pants."[\robot voice]

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Robocall!! That's it! Tho I think it was a recording of a human voice. I wonder if this is widely sanctioned, or is this the first that anyone has heard of this? And does the witness running it get to count only the recording the first time, or all the time that the automatic calls are going out? Whoa, slick deal if it's the latter!
  • WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Any chance you are subscribed to the Do Not Call list? If you are, maybe you can sue!
  • sir82
    sir82

That's really weird.

I wonder if it was some overzealous JW pioneer who figured he/she could "get his/her time in" by setting this up.

"Well. let's see, 10,000 calls at 30 seconds each, that's 5000 minutes, which is 83 hours...looks like I've got my time in for the month! Now where did I leave that TV remote...."

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

She's not on that list, no. She said she doesn't have her home phone actually hooked up, but everything is routed to a voicemail service, and she gets mostly telemarketing calls on it.

I don't have a home phone either anymore (I DO miss the opinion polls tho!!)...I have no way of knowing if the witnesses have been robocalling me too. If anyone here does have a home phone let us know if you get one too, I'm really curious how popular this is and if it's sanctioned. Their useless carts which don't require any effort are certainly popular, so why not useless and annoying recorded phone calls? But this would actually make people even more turned off. I know phone solicitations where I live are a serious pet peeve for the general population.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

it's absolutely not sanctioned. some dumb rogue pioneer who just found a creative way to get time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit