"The Serpent of Eden" or "Paradi...

by Atreyu 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• puzzled
    puzzled
    a typographical error?

na, couldn't be. It must be a hidden code other wise all the lowly poor folk without degree's (or a dictionary handy) might be able to understand the Bible's teachings and why on earth would God want that?

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

There is some seriously deep research here folks and I have spent far too long doing the same, much to the annoyance of my wife.

But I don't think you have to delve too deeply to see the bible in its true colours.

Who among us iss not horrified at the way a 'loving' God ordered mass murder whenever he felt like it? Even condemning Saul for showing a degree of mercy. Elijah's name-calling children getting ripped apart by bears etc etc etc.

The God of the old testament is a completely different being to the God of the new testament. How? What came over him and made him so forgiving all of a sudden?

The society in particular have made a big thing of the bibles supposed scientific knowledge that is proof of it being from God.

Well, can you answer why these are also found in the bible.:

1. The bible declares that the earth does not move, whereas we know that it does move very fast. (1Ch 16:30; Ps 93:1, 96:10, 104:5)

2. According to Genesis 1:16-17, the earth was already in existance when the sun and the stars were created, yet the stars have existed for billions of years before the earth was formed.This must be true as the sun is a star and our earth rotates around it.

3. The Genesis account has fruit trees being formed before the sun. They wouldn't have lasted very long would they?

4. According to the bible snakes eat dust ( Gen 3:14 ) or will eat dust ( Isa 65:25 ) but the fact is that they do not eat dust and never have.

I could go on all night but I don't want to be responsible for everyone leaving the forum through boredom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit