Is the bible God's Word?

by WTLies 15 Replies latest jw friends

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

bible is NOT the "Word of God" Christ is... John 1:1, John 1:14, John 17:17, John 14:6, Revelation 19:13. ~FS

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Six:

This subject is important to me for two reasons.

1) I would like a clear answer to the question, "Does God hate women"?

I was raised in Christendom and never thought he did, but during the 27 years in the Borg, it has been a question that has plaqued me. As a woman it is hard to reconcile the fact your creator hates you because you're female, yet he made you female.

2) I stopped attending meetings less than three months ago so Im not capable of discounting the Bible at this point in my life. So can we work from the viewpoint that the Bible is the Word of God? ( Although FiveShadows has a good point.)

Therefore I would like to reason on the scriptures application.

But what if she was too afraid to scream, Nano? I dont know, is it possible to train a little girl to always scream? Or what if she had been taught by abusive parents not to scream? Did that kind of abuse exist in Judaic times? The Bible doesnt actually mention it. What if it was her father who raped her? Thats one of the things left out of the list of forbidden sexual acts, is it because it didnt happen? What causes men to rape or fathers to commit incest? Do the same conditions apply now as 4000 years ago?

As recently as 20 years ago in the United States rape laws were very anti-women. I had a friend who was raped late 70s or early 80s (not sure of year now) She was driving near her home in the country with her too very young children strapped in their car seats. She saw a neighbor man she knew broke down on the side of the road. It was a trick he planned it. She fought him up and down the road and he raped her. She went immediately to the Sheriff; most of her clothes were still thrown on the road. It went to court she lost. He said it was consensual and his lawyer tried to ruin her reputation, too. I would have thought that was impossible because she was married with two children but back then lawyers always tried. Because of this women often did not press charges. It has only been with a terrible outcry of American women have rules of evidence in rape cases (regarding the womans past, etc) are now forbidden and lately DNA testing has forced justice to prevail.

Now the point of that story: In America in the 20 th century a womens word did not convict a man of rape, but it did in Deut 22:25

But if the man meets the engaged woman out in the country, and he rapes her, then only the man should die.

Now how can one passage in Deut respect women and the other condemn them?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I question everything. I doubt the Bible is God's word.

Too many problems with it, .............too many things I can't reconcile in my mind, to have come from a God of love.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

For more information on the Watchtower's RAPE Policy, check out this Thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35408&site=3

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Is the bible God's Word?

No.

Farkel

• seedy3
    seedy3

Actually, FiveShadows has a point, There is no where in the bible that it states that it is the Word of God. Hmmmmm I guess Irenious and his cronies forgot to slip that in when they were writing and re writing the books.

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit