what an interesting find for me

by sowhatnow 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty: The ethics of the OT are no better than ISIS.

I'd put it this way: the ethics of ISIS is based on the Old Testament and the alleged dictates of the God of the Bible.

• Half banana
    Half banana

So the antidote to God's blood-lust is to resurrect his poor victims?

Paradisebeauty, how can you imagine that people can come back to life? It happens does it?

Since when can dead things live again? I know there are nasty things in this world but the secret is to try and improve our lot, not to believe in the implausible. How many out of 107 billion people who have ever lived, have come back to life...just Jesus and Elvis?

If there was to be a general resurrection (preposterous!) where ON EARTH would they all go? (Fifteen for each one alive today). It’s a fantasy folks!

Please try to think seriously, now we have left the loony Watchtower we have a chance to get our thinking straightened out as well... don’t fall back into magic realism.

• jonza
  • cofty
    cofty
    jonza - Rather than just post a link why not explain in your own words why a loving god ordered the cold blooded murder of babies?
  • cofty
    cofty

Here is one of the points from your link jonza...

one of the reasons that the Lord is so strong in the Old Testament and orders the killing of people is to ensure that the future messianic line would remain intact....the result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through.

Enlightened people today call this ethnic cleansing, genocide and eugenics. We put the perpetrators on trial as war criminals. We don't write books about their depravity and use it a guide for morality.

The Third Reich were quite big on these things.

The "god and father of Jesus christ" thought of it before Hitler. (I am claiming a legitimate exemption from Godwin's Law)

• jonza
    jonza
    The logic is simple, slaughter several thousands of people to give all human kind throughout history a chance of survival.
  • cofty
    cofty

So your god who is infinitely wise and infinitely loving could not think of any way to preserve the bloodline without murdering thousands of babies for something their ancestors did 400 years earlier.

Do you ever stand back and consider objectively that you are actually justifying the cold-blooded slaughter of infants?

Please tell me how you reconcile that with "gentle Jesus meek and mild".

• jonza
    jonza
    It's more than possible there was no other way and if so the logic still holds true.
  • cofty
    cofty

Then your god of love acted unlovingly when it suited him.

Therefore he is capricious and subject to situational ethics. He is not objectively good.

How can it be possible that the will of a loving god necessitates the cold-blooded slaughter of thousands of innocent infants?

How is he any different from the Third Reich who judged the murder of innocents to be necessary for their greater purpose?

Are you really proposing that Jesus murders innocent babies?

• jonza
    jonza
    If God really does know everything and the outcome of every possible action and decided to do what he did in order to save everyone throughout history then it would have been a loving act for humanity as a whole. Same logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit