Hello to all

by Mr Angry 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr Angry
    Mr Angry

Hello to all.

I have been a lurker here for about 2 weeks and been so impressed at the friendship shown and the honest debate I thought I would join in.

My name is Rick and my JW story is at http://www.jwfiles.com/jws-leaving/rick.htm if your interested. It also saves a lot of unecessary typing here.

I use the user name of Mr Angry so as not to be confused with the Rick that was on H20. To confuse the matter further Rick is not my real name as I have family still in “the truth” (how I hate that term) and I don’t wish my real identity to be revealed at this stage. It might sound strange I know but that’s just how it is at the moment.

Since I wrote my story last summer I have done extensive research online and find my self absolutely incredulous that I actually belonged to the Watchtower organisation and thought I believed in it as well. But then, I had no choice being raised in it.

Well anyway love to all and you’ll probably find I’ll venture an opinion or two in the coming weeks.

Edited by - Simon on 21 March 2001 17:42:33

• Mr Angry
    Mr Angry

BTW sorry for not putting a title on the topic. Oops!!

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome to the board Rick. I'll try to get over to read your story. It always amazes me, all of our similiar feelings!
    TW

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Rick,

Nice to meet you. I clicked onto the web about a year ago - found this place shortly, and never left but to explore. It became my home base, much to the consternation of a couple of ladies. I am a woman, btw. Red's the resident goddess (in her own imagination) but Simon just made me an emperor poster. So I've got a word by my name - thus word over imagination, don't you think? I'll earnest try to get Her Goddess to appreciate this fact...one way or the other.

Back to seriousness of sorts! So many of the personal accounts on the web are so similar. Sometimes it seems that the WTBTS is most united in the people that leave.

Please hang around for a while and just jump in. You've made a good start.

Btw, you can edit your original post by using the little book icon up above your first post (the one on the left). Then, if you wish, go back in and add a subject. Like "Hello. I'm not THAT Rick."

Welcome.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Rick

Glad you decided to join in

• Angharad
    Angharad

Oppps

The post above was from me, I'm married to Simon. We are alway sforgetting to change the username when we post. I sure Simon welcomes you also

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hi "Rick"

Welcome Friend,

I, took, lurked for a time before actually participating..he,he. I am glad I took the plunge and joined in -
    and think you will be also. Looking forward to your future postings.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi there! Also a lurker--but only for a coupla days. Now it's my new hobby and coffee shop visits. I love the way one of the posters (Java?) signs "counting time at the coffee shop." Btw, i'm not counting time at all anymore--another relief. Has anyone noticed an elevated view of "worldlings" now? I have in myself.

So welcome and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!
    Patio

• Mr Angry
    Mr Angry

Hey! Thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hello fellow ex lurker!

Welcome to the board, i'll be looking forward to see your posts.

Regards
    Gianluca

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit