Slow motion pioneers

by 1Averagejoe 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

maybe deep down inside they realize it is an exercise in futility?

I tried to do it because it was the thing to do.....back when it was 100 hours, 100 mags, 7 bs's and at least 3 or 4 of them were supposed to be "progressive". anyway I got kicked out after 9 months because I had no converts under my belt. but - from what I gather these days it is pretty stupid - the requirements I don't know what they are currently, but I think they are pretty low......and given the cart thingies, well, that has got to be the most boring waste of time.......and now I guess they can count time for just about anything.......

I wish I never knocked on a single door......I wish I never even knew that such a way of life existed.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I don't get it, who do they think Matthew 6:5 apply to. Who else is

standing on street corners but JW's. "For they love to pray standing in the

synagogues (we know they love to give long prayers) and on the corners of the

streets (what other religion is doing this) , that they may be seen by men.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

There are different classifications for Pioneers

Phantom Pioneer: You never see them at Service Arrangements but they magically get their time an have good experiences.

Nosey Pioneer: They know about everybody's problems and will try to get more dirt on everyone. They will spread news faster than the internet.

Self Righteous Pioneer: They are able to rapture themselves from that chair in the coffee shop within a twinkling of a eye as soon as 14.59 minutes are up.

Easy Going Pioneer: Don't see these guys on Rainy, Snowy, Hot, Cold, holidays, and fridays. They usually gripe about not making their time.

Cheap Pioneer: Their favourite line at the coffee shop is, "Shucks, I forgot my wallet, again".

• millie210
    millie210

I love that QB LOL

Of the categories you gave, I was definitely phantom pioneer.

After years of figuring out how to navigate the pioneer system, I learned to make my own arrangements. I had lots of studies and I was always willing to drive and pay for the gas.

I didnt meet with the group for morning service which helped a lot!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My pioneer hours, building a KH. That was great, a couple of studies a week, maybe

a few door knocking and book study conductor and Sunday talks. Elders have it made.

It's like a General in the Army, send the troops out while you sit and shoot the breeze.

Yes I was a special pioneer in those days.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

When i was a new convert and believed all the hype, I did my best to be zealous in my activity. The piosneers I went out with had different ideas, it was they who taught me The Pioneer Shuffle. That meant "strolling down the street at a slow pace so as not to wear out doing this important work". Uh huh.

Sadly I pioneered for several years myself, but by then I realized how important the shuffle truly was. ;)

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    On a trolley today in a city of 500,000 people they had got a trolley full of teaching books that were printed in 2006.Not very good in giving them out shesh
  • Ohiamfree
    Ohiamfree
    I actually really enjoyed parts of pioneering, it was part of me waking up actually. I was often on my own and preferred to study with people on my own so that they would not be "pushy" with the lovely people I studied with. It was the fact that all these people were so nice that made me realise that something was very harsh and cruel with jw. Those people became my friends, and I never pushed them, we just studied together. I really struggled to get my hours in, I had no car and very little support, I would walk across town to visit people, and I genuinely would try and help them in any way. I had to stand down as became too ill, that was heart breaking because the guilt tripping was ridiculous! How awful to do that to people. I tell you what, the pioneer meetings were generally a waste of time! I was fortunate to be shown kindness when I couldn't manage getting all my hours in, they let me carry on, and I am really thankful for that still actually. I now work in the community within social isolation - I got so much experience through pioneering and talking to people - that's what all pioneers should be doing.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Wow, good ion you for finding a way to do actual good in the world, despite pioneering. Thumbs up!
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Since most of you that have responded here used to pioneer, can you please tell me what scripture says that you need to send in your time to Bethel every month for every hour you were out service? I have asked those I see doing street work about this but just get the roundabout answer or some scripture far away from the subject. My usual question to them is where did the apostles send in their time since there was no Bethel and/or Brooklyn back in those days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit