Nicest thing a JW has ever done?

by aintenoughwiskey 32 Replies latest jw friends

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey
    Here is a change of pace, what was the nicest thing a JW has ever done for you or you have seen done? It wasn't all bad all the time!
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, you are correct -- it wasn't all bad all the time.

Our family was helped with things like:

- car repairs

- moving (packing and clean-up, too!)

- baby-sitting

- sharing delicious recipes

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I was given shelter when I needed it by two Witness families.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I recall an Elder spearheading the painting of the house of an elderly brother & sister -- materials, labor, everything. The were not a prominent family. They were "disadvantaged" economically or socially. But they were in The Truth all of their lives, though their children weren't too sharp and were all girls who were unable to do that manual labor.

That, I thought was Christianity in action.

Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    DF me...
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I was given lovely baby showers by a few different sisters.

When rumours were going around about us, a family we greatly treasure tried to be hospitable to us. I still really, really love them but we distanced ourselves from them and didnt go over. They were a very real rare witness family. One time in service the sister even told me she has doubts.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Years ago I found myself in the midst of a bitter divorce with 2 teenage children who were shattered and acting out. On top of that my closest relative was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and we literally watched him die in only 4 months.

I couldn't afford my previous house so we moved and changed congregations. My problems and I were NOT welcome in my new hall. The sisters particularly made that abundantly clear. However, my book study conductor was very kind.

One day after I had mentioned things were financially tight at that time, I came home to find two large bags of groceries on my doorstep. I called my book study conductor and found out he was the one who left the food. He was the one who showed me special kindness and the rest of the fruits of the spirit like I had not seen before-especially in an elder.

About a year later we got married. About 10 years and one hell of a wild ride later we left the congregation and faded out completely.

He still buys me groceries. Hehe

• Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic
    There are plenty of good Jehovah's families, there are also plenty of really good worldly familys. A lot has to do with the religious upbringing but it also has to do with the person. I remember when we were young my mom would always give clothes to the poor families in our congregation I even recall semi adopting a lower class family my mom would take them and buy them clothes and help them get to meetings. My fathers favorite thing to say was "God loves a checheerful giver." He taught us none of anything is ours, Jehovah just trust us to manage some of it and if he wanted to go somewhere else then that's where Jehovah commanded it be. But if I think about it my mom and dad had parents who were deep in the depression and they grew up very very poor. I think when they finally managed to succeed themselves they felt it was their need to get back. It just so happened that we grew up as witnesses.
  • SoCal101
    SoCal101
    When I was a teenager, I went with my girlfriend and her family to the DC in Salt Lake City. On the way home, 7 hours away, she gave me an excellent hand job under the blanket in the back seat. That was pretty nice I would say! She did the same thing in the stairwell at the hotel where we all stayed.
  • naazira
    naazira
    I was bought brand new clothing for Assemblies/Parts/meetings/field service, fed, groomed and made to feel special. I don't want to give too much away (a lot more personal positive things to say) but I am thankful for the positive times. Although, I feel like there were ulterior motives at times but nonetheless the outcome was physically manifested as a positive situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit