Are they looking for "Rice Christians"?

by Gopher 13 Replies latest jw friends

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

I seem to remeber a fella....
    was awhile back tho...he ...he came here and he........helped um well really all who asked him even tho he suppose to be just rejected by the jews......he mentioned something about .......doing it out of love for neighbor and to show the love of his father......

anyone know this guy.........

remember what he told the people about giving their kids and family stuff..........even the unrighteous man gives to those of his family...........

are you saying the generation passers didnt get that message.......

should we tell em.........no you cant tell them

they are gods (expression) on the face of the earth

did i leave expression there........
    mistake!

• willy_think
    willy_think

LDH,
    the "catholic charities" have been receiving $$ for years and any other faith based charity can get it too, now today. all they need do is hire licensed sochial workers and not preach religon. if the true and real objective of the " faith based charities" is to help people and not make converts, what need is there to wait?

• LDH
    LDH

Willy, I think the difference would be ( I could be wrong)

Most of the faith-based charities are privately funded or funded by orgs. like the United Way who are funded by a lot of private and some local government money.

The difference is with Federal Funds, which is what GWB is talking about.

Lisa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Agape,

Thanks for bringing back the topic. But you really didn't want to discuss the topic, eh? I appreciate your interest in where I am at spiritually.

What I was trying to 'sort out' related to how the JW's passed up opportunities to help their neighbors, along the lines of what Jesus preached. I thought they always did, at least a little. That was a bit stunning to me.

It's all part of my learning process. All the posts here have helped me a little, except for Trevor's. Comic relief.

It may take a while for me to reach your level of total disengagement from the WTS indoctrination. Some issues, like love (or lack thereof, as highlighted in this post) are subject to a 'shortcut' key. Christ's teachings are painfully obvious. Other topics (identity of Jesus, etc.) are deeper and will take me longer. (Can't help it.)

Sorry to the readers for another gopher outpouring.

Gopher, trying to head the right direction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit