The purpose of being a Witness?

by bikerchic 9 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

What is the purpose of being a Jehovah's Witness? I was always told it was to be a witness

of Jehovah, meaning you stood up for and defended your faith, your beliefs. I realize that this is a hard thing for some to do, it takes bravery, knowledge, faith and a convection that what you believe is right. It was always easier for me to defend the rules, regulations, beliefs and so forth of the B'org to another witness than to someone who had never heard of JW's.

My reason for this rant, and sorry it is going to be a rant has to do with the August Kingdom Ministry and the newest information on how to treat those who are D'fed, DA'ed or Apostate. None, of which I am, well at least Im not out on the Apostate thingy as of yet.

I recently invited my son who is 30ish and DF'ed to live with me because he had a string of bad luck and found himself with basically no place to live. I love my son and have never turned my back on him from the beginning of his disfellowshipping, he has always been in my good favor, (major tug on the heart-strings) and I have always treated him the same as the rest of my kids, period.

I work for my niece in her home one day a week babysitting her three girls and half a day cleaning her home. She is married, and her parents are what would be considered strong in the truth. Her father is an elder, and btw one of the few I really admire and he is very involved in her family, aka; he is worried that she and hubby wouldn't be a good dubbs otherwise, she and her hubby work for him in their family business as does all his kids. As did my DF'ed son as long as he could do his work from home and not work in the office.

Well today my niece told me that she has enrolled the three girls in day care full time and that I wouldn't be needed to babysit anymore, but she still wanted me to clean her house. I honestly think this is due to the information in the August KM. Oh did I mention that I also clean the family business office once a week?

The thing that has me upset, besides I will miss the kids, they are so sweet and I probably won't see much of them anymore, is that I honestly don't understand why she didn't just tell me that since I am not going to meetings anymore, or because I have a disfellowshipped person living with me I am not good association or whatever I am. I mean really where is the honesty in that, isn't it part of a good JW to try to bring the wrong doer back to the fold? Isn't that what being a witness of Jehovah is all about? And if you can't or won't talk to your own family how loving of a person are you? Is that Christian love? What's the purpose of going door to door and recruiting worldly persons when you wont even witness to your own family?

I'll go back when pigs fly!

bc :o\ of the dumb and confused class

Edited by - bikerchic on 27 August 2002 22:14:6

• Nikita
    Nikita

(((((bc))))))

I know, it doesn't make any sense, does it? The thing that they try to sell "worldly" people on is they are so "loving" and "accepting" but that can turn in a heartbeat as soon as they hear the word "disfellowshipped."

I admire that you have stuck by your son! Hang in there!

Nikita

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What is the purpose of being a Jehovah's Witness?

To sell books and and give all the money to a religious printing Corporation, and to recuit new book sales people. That's it.

You have weekly meetings that are organized in a number of different ways to:

Give you access to their book store so you can buy more books.

Give you access to all the paperwork you have to keep and turn in when you sell books.

Teach you how to best sell the books.

Teach you what's in the books so you can be familiar in case a book-buying prospect asks questions.

Learn all the policies of the book printing corporation, their "SOPs" or Standard Operating Procedures.

You have a major annual convention which sells you new book releases you have to re-sell and which introduces the newly inducted book sales people to you.

You have weekend and holiday rendevous' to organize yourself in book-selling pairs.

You are obligated to teach your children what's in the books they will later have to sell.

The whole religion is about selling books. That's it.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 28 August 2002 0:13:1

• onacruse
    onacruse

((biker)) You are such a wonderful person, and the epitome of a loving mother!

Craig (of the otherwise speechless class)

PS: That's what the purpose of being a JW should be...love.

Edited by - onacruse on 28 August 2002 9:57:23

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So you can nail Him down before you lift Him up - you need to be a real witness as to His whereabouts before you can buy and sell the non-prophet litter-at-ya

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 28 August 2002 5:20:33

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

To keep the Toilet Paper and Trash industries afloat......

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

The purpose is to be filled with the "vision of granduer" that you are going to live forever, you are invincible, you will never die. This vision allows you to do almost anything to anyone with perfect justification. You live in the bubble and all you see is the bubble. Those outside the bubble are dangerous, especially if they carry pins, because pins can pop the bubble, so bubble poppers must be kept at a distance. If you are a bubble popper then you pose a threat to the vision and so are a danger to the kids, don't you get it?

It is a fragile existence, the JW bubble, and relies on media control and constant pretending, as well as constant fear.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    PS: That's what the purpose of being a JW should be...love.

Somehow they seem to miss that one :-) In fact, that one doesn't even seem to come up!!!!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Many thanks to everyone for their replies, you all have summized the purpose of the witness very well.......as Farkel said, "The whole religion is about selling books. That's it." I got it Farkel and I love your to the point personallity!

((((Craig)))) thanks you are such a sweetie! Like you said, " That's what the purpose of being a JW should be...love. The two years before I finally left the borg I went around saying, "where's the love...." sigh, I just have to get over it!

Libra_Spirit, today I thought (while cleaning my nieces house) for the FIRST time I just want to be rid of all these lying creaps and honestly considered sending a DA letter, something I thought I would never do. I am a bubble popper! I want to be FREE!! Wow I think I feel better now.

IJlittle, how right you are, the dubbs just don't get it!!

bc I'll go back when pigs fly!

Edited by - bikerchic on 28 August 2002 21:22:36

Edited by - bikerchic on 28 August 2002 22:22:0

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    recently invited my son who is 30ish and DF'ed to live with me because he had a string of bad luck and found himself with basically no place to live. I love my son and have never turned my back on him from the beginning of his disfellowshipp

The act of a TRUE follower of Christ. Congratulations...I think you're a head of the pack, as 'Christians' go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit