Hello

by rob 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• rob
    rob

Just wanted to say "Hello" to all forum members. I was a baptized JW for 23 years and was DA'd about 18 months ago. Oh, the feeling of freedom. I was told by my PO at the time that I would be alone adrift in a world of heartless, worldlings. This has not been the case by a long shot. I am also a longtime friend of Thinker's Wife and have recently had the pleasure of becoming aquainted with Thinker. I would be happy to offer support to any JW's who are questioning their memebership in the org or any who have been ousted for whatever reasons.

Happy to be aboard,
    Rob

• thinker
    thinker

Hi rob,
    'bout time you started writing instead of just reading. Say hello to all.

thinker

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Rob,

It's become a busy place around here - just start right in. Saw your health food thread. Thanks. My sister eats healthy, unlike her sister.

Will look forward to more posts from you. And thanks for offering support - we all need it sooner or later.

waiting

• logical
    logical

Hi Rob.

The padded walls and floor are for safety purposes. Dont mind some of the inmates, they are on medication and are getting better. Allegedly.

You're in good company with the Thinkers, some of the more intelligent people on this board

• rob
    rob

Thanks for the welcome!! I must admit that I have lurked about about here for a while! I am still a little distrustful of anything with the JW name attached to it. Your warm welcome sure helps though.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

WELCOME ROB,
    You will be ok here!!!!! This is a great place. Really looking forward to seeing your posts.
    Thank you for the plug Logical.
    TW

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, Rob. Saw your thread on Natural Foods. I left a question for you there. See, we like to break the new guys in right away.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Rob, a warm welcome to you.

Yes, the 'feeling of freedom' is great, isn't it!!

I am the wife of poster 'larc' - we are planning on visiting the "Thinkers'" in the near future. Do you live nearby? - if so, it would be nice to meet you too. Our daughter owns a health food store in Yellow Springs, OH - I'm sure we would have much to talk about.

Look forward to your future posts.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Zazu!! Glad to see you back here. I was getting a little worried. Haven't heard from you in awhile. ***HUGS****

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Rob and welcome!

I too was around for about 23 years (22-1/2, actually). If you want to read my story, it's the next one down in this forum (Introducing....me).

Did you feel that "freedom" right away? By your offer to aid others, it seems you have adjusted quite comfortably and quickly to life without 'big brother' watching you.

That elder underestimated you! Good friendships are out here to be had! You just gotta go get them!

Best wishes,

Gopher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit