Connie Chung & Weaver case

by morrisamb 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Anyone catch Connie Chung's segment about the Weaver case last night? Connie interviewed the aunt of one of the victims as well as Weaver's ex-wife.

There are so many sickening things about this case. The ex-wife told the FBI she suspected one of the girls was buried under the cement block in the back yard 5 months ago!!! [Weaver's father is on death row for killing two and burying the girl in his back yard! Wouldn't this have sent off alarm bells? God, if someone reported I was growing marijuana, they'd be here with shovels, lickedy split!]

Even more unbelievable (correct me if I got this wrong): one of the girls, the 12 year old, had accused Weaver of sexually abusing her last year! The program brought out in this case, it's difficult not to play the 'what if', game.

I wish there was a group like Silentlambs for all these families with victims of kidnappers, rapists and murderers. It's all so heartbreaking.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

UPDATE: Quoting from today's London Free Press:

"Last summer Ashley accused Weaver of molesting her, but he denied the allegations and was never charged. Family members and friends have said the two had a close, and at times inappropriate, relationship."

Ashley was a 12-year-old girl! That last remark is very telling! If you believed your daughter was being molested, would you stay living so close to the perpertrator?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

hey THANK YOU 4 the load down about this WEAVER dude..goes to show ua that JWs aint the only RELIGION to have sicko perverts that the legal authorities knew about +++ RIGHT ???? QUEENIE

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

It's not just church elders who screw up..law enforcement, family members often don't believe a victim's cry for help. Hopefully these very public cases will educate the public and increase awareness.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

Morrislamb--I learned this in group therapy 20+ yrs ago with SUSAN FORWARD / DOCTORS, LAWYERS AND AS THEY CALL THEM INDIAN CHIEFS anything with a penis more than likely.BUT women can be found guilty too BUT not as often..APOSTATE QUEENIE / keep in touch Mlamb this is somewhat theraputic 4 me already--thanks..

• Swan
    Swan

My husband and I drove up to my nephew's house today. On the way we passed Weaver's house. It was very touching to see the many cards, balloons, teddy bears, etc. placed as a memorial to the two young women who were killed. All of these months we were driving down that road past the very spot where they had been secretly buried. It is on a busy road right across the street from a big shopping center. To think that they were murdered so close to so many people who wanted to help them, yet no one ever knew.

It makes me reflect on all of the hidden cases of child molestation. They happen in secret. Sometimes they are barely hidden, barely covered over. They are happen so close that you probably pass by the victims each and every day and do not even know of their secret shame. It is such a tragedy. With only a little digging you might be able to help someone. If you suspect a child is being abused, please contact the proper authorities (the police, not the elders). Get these kids the help they need before it is too late.

What a monster Ward Weaver is! I know there is supposed to be innocence until proven guilty in this country, but I can't help thinking he is guilty. How could anyone else have snuck onto his property, buried the bodies in his back yard, and then poured new cement over them? Obviously he knew. Obviously he did it.

Watch out for these monsters for the sake of our kids. I am not proposing a witch hunt; we must be careful not to falsely accuse the innocent. But watch for the signs and trust your instincts. They are probably right.

Thank you.

Tammy

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I am finding out just cuz someone says I am an xJW does not mean they are lilly white and sin free..I have experienced mental and emotional abuse by quire a few BUT I have some great retorts and on a personal basis I could care less what their opinions R...BTW folks I am boring and negative espcially when I shared this very subject with HIM . I think maybe I am tooo deep and he is tooo shallow and canot deal with the real world in general...WEAVER has no writing on his forehead and even could go around saying I AM A xJW and could positvely fool sooo many xJW into having a group support meeting in his very home and we all know what those young girls got now dont we !!! YES I SAW all U folks with all them flowers and I am sorry soo sorry THAT GOD HIMSELF DID NOT INTERVENE as he is the perfect being not people...RIGHT !!!

• TorturedSoul
    TorturedSoul

I went by the fence yesterday...cried...hung a teedy bear upon it...cried some more. Im a 60 yr old man, a survivor,and I am still crying. 50 years have passed and all the counseling in the world has not helped much to heal the past. One possibly good thing in the year 2002 is that these things are being brought forward into the public and no longer hidden and hushed. My all abusers rot in HELL!

• waiting
    waiting

((((((((tortured soul))))))))) (that's a hug, by the way)

Welcome - and I'm sorry about your current sorrow due to memories upon memories - and the current nightmare of these girl's families. At least the girls know no more sorrow. At least.

I'm 52, a woman, and a survivor/victim too. I suppose that there's an ever-growing army of us as we learn to speak out and not cover over this "unpleasantness". Btw, that's what one woman called it here - raping a child being the same as a child having an unpleasantness. Like dirtying one's dress, tsk, tsk.

The more we speak out - the more chance that laws will change. Perhaps humans too, but I don't hold much belief in that part.

waiting

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((TorturedSoul)))))))

I just wanted to welcome you to the Board, too, and to tell you how sorry I am for your wound, an unwelcome presence in your life that causes so much pain.

Yes, abusers should know far worse torment than the abused...

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit