To all non UK-ers

by Simon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Crystal:

Thanks! Let me see now, that was "ripper!" (is that right? Rolf Harris used to say it, I think)

All you foreigners with your colloquialisms are soooo cute!

Expatbrit

• waiting
    waiting

I don't think you're funny at all, funky hair. I'm here at work, it's raining (but we desperately need that....but that means the humidity sucks more than usual), it's Monday....yada, yada.

In fact, if you were here, I'd just have the inclination to kick you in the shin, if I were prone to violence, which I'm not.

Anyway..................good try at Monday cheer. I think you were making fun of us anyway.

Bank Holiday IS an oxymoron (thanks Ozzie!)

grumpy waiting (not an oxymoron) who is kinda joking, btw. Just kinda.

• Crystal
    Crystal

Ripper: great, fantastic

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes I work in a bank and IT'S BANK HOLIDAY!

Strangely enough a lot of my collegues are working today even though it is a bank holiday.

• Simon
    Simon

We dont have labour day, we have a mix of old traditional days.

I like the American / Canadian system of 1 public holiday each month ... ours seem to be sporradic and based on phases of the moon or stuff like that so you never know when they will be (unless you have a diary ... doh!)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Tuh!

Pbththththth!

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Thanks.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Simon - you get sunshine? Oh - hmmmm.... and it's sunny on a holiday? Gee... I bet y'all can count yer sunny days per year on your fingers and toes eh? /ducks and runs

I'll bet that umbrella you have is meant to keep the uh, dew.. yeh.. that's it.. the dew offa ya

I'm gonna go skidaddle on outside into the sunshine and enjoy what's left of this non-holiday.

hugs, Mimilly

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Simon, come to the colonies the first part of July and you can celebrate independence day with us, July 4th, with lots of beer, food and fireworks.

• Valis
    Valis

None of you are going to like this, but I could't resist...This semester I only have to be on campus on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10AM to 4PM....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "works too much" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit