Blondie's Comments You Won't Hear at the 06-28-2015 WT Study (TRUST JAH)

by blondie 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

The WT requires children of JWs to avoid non-JWs as bad association. They can't go to birthday parties, dances, participate in sports or other extra-curricular activities and the like.

Then the WT cries "persecution" when people don't welcome JWs with open arms. The fact is that most people show far more kindness and respect to JWs than JWs show to them. WT "love" is conditioned on people falling into line and obeying the GB.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This pic (referring to paras 14 - 16 ) interests me.

"Consider another situation. Suppose a beloved relative is disfellowshipped. From your study of the Bible, you know how disfellowshipped ones are to be treated."

What is the pic actually saying? Presumably the young man is d/f'd

Has he chosen to leave ? Or are they implying that parents should order them out of the house? I have never seen that in print.....It is only those outside the house that are shunned entirely.

• Splash
    Splash
    "From your study of the Bible, you know how disfellowshipped ones are to be treated."

You know, but we aren't saying. You're not going to have this put in print!

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

"From your study of the Bible, you know how disfellowshipped ones are to be treated."

Where in the Bible does it says that you have to shun your own kids?

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will repeat or add that as a believing jw I would sit out in the audience and wonder what the apostates had done or said because there were never details. I never heard of any in my area until my late 20's and 2 elders left separately and taught that all Christians were anointed and that 144,000 was not a literal number. It was rumored that they started a new religion, joined a religion, wrote to everyone in the circuit (not me though I knew them for some time) about their new insight. Some s aid they wanted to be anointed....which I figured they could have been without a hitch...

Paul wrote that some were preaching there was no resurrection (pretty specific) and some said the resurrection had already taken place and they were ruling as kings on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit