Why I love WT Double Speak

by JT 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Can you say double speak This is one of the most hated questions that a jw can be asked for it puts them on the spot. Are jw the only ones that will be saved or as i like to say,

Can a person have an approved relationship with god without being involved with jw, and if so why should i become a jw-

this sets the jw up for he knows he can't say "Publicly" that everyone on your street will die unless they become a jw, but if he says no then he realizes that he has just said:

"You can remain as you are since your faith is just as good as mine, watching a jw sweat on this issue is funny

*** pe 255 30 What You Must Do to Live Forever ***

13 Really, there are but two choices.

Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in Gods new system. There is only one. And there will be only one organizationGods visible organizationthat will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal. (Matthew 7:21-23; 24:21)

You must

be part of Jehovahs organization, doing Gods will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life.Psalm 133:1-3.

Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?

No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. We look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. He has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.Matthew 7:1-5; 24:21; 25:31.

################

"Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness"

what does this mean, does taking a stand mean BECOMING INVOLVED WITH JW?

by thier own paper trail they condemn themselves

• JT
    JT

Notice the question and answers found from wt.org notice how long it takes to answer what is really a yes or no answer, but ck out when they do give a yes or no anwer:

##############

Do the Witnesses believe that their religion is the only right one?

Anyone who is serious about his religion should think that it is the right one. Otherwise..

THEY GO ON AND ON FOR 15LINES OF TEXT - Ask yourself "If this question was asked by a GB to 45,000 jw at a District convention would not the answer have been a RESOUNDING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

@@@@@@@@@@

Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?

No.

Yes they answered the above with one WORD and it was a lie- you got to love these guys

#########

If I become one of Jehovah's Witnesses, would I be expected to preach as they do?

When one becomes filled with the knowledge of the promised earthly Paradise ..........

Once again a simple One Word Answer- instead they go on and on for 20+ lines when ever breathing jw KNOWS HE BETTER TURN IN SOME TIME even if it's 15min

• SYN
    SYN

We all love them DoubleSpeakers!

• happy man
    happy man

And this about dfd also from our homeside.

Do you shun former members?

"Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing, or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped"

And last week we was reading KM that we must infackt not talk to anyone who have ben dfd, or leave themself.

this I dont understand, dont they think that we can read?

Or is this site only fore outsiders?

• somebody
    somebody

JT,

First of all, let me say that it's good to see you!

I see that the WT CONSTANTLY doublespeaks. Have you ever read a "Question From Readers" and by the time you're finished reading the Wt's answer to the question, you STILL don't know what the answer to the question is! If the reader is looking for a Yes or No answer, they never get one. They don't know if what they are asking is "wrong for a true Christian" is wrong or right STILL. I remember reading one where a female writer wanted to know if it would be scriptually wrong for her to leave her abusive husband. By the time I finished reading the answer, if I were a JW female in that situation, I still would not know if it was right or wrong, because the answer was BOTH. It was wrong, and it was right. Go figure! Maybe the WT's motive is to keep their followers in a constant state of confusion so that they CANNOT make any decisions either way for themselves, or their families. If they are confused, then they feel safer not making a decision at all, for fear it'll be the wrong one.

And as for the doublespeak the WT told the media on it's media site, that you quoted from, I SEE it CLEARLY. I have to get a kick out of what they said right after they judged others by stating that they believe that anyone who died before the JW sect was started will be brought back to life and given a chance to join the sect in order to be saved. And that anyone who will hurry up and join the JW sect before the end comes will be saved. In other words : "YES. We believe that ONLY JWs will be saved!" RIGHT after the WT explained this in their DOUBLE SPEAK, they had to play it safe and say this"

Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. We look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully.

If they only look for outward appearance and do not judge the hearts of others, then they would not have said what they did preceeding it.

peace,

somebody

• zev
    zev

happy man pointed out another "double talk".

i'll bring it one step further.

Originally, this is what this paragraph said at this site:

http://jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned. In compliance with the Scriptures, however, members can be expelled for serious unchristian conduct, such as stealing, drunkenness, or adultery, if they do not repent and cease such actions. Disfellowshipping does not sever family ties. Disfellowshipped members may continue to attend religious services, and if they wish, they may receive pastoral visits. They are always welcome to return to the faith.1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

Now, it says SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT!

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing, or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence. The Bible clearly directs: "Remove the wicked man from among yourselves." (1 Corinthians 5:13) What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The spiritual ties he had with his family changes, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue. As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household, Jehovah's Witnesses apply the Bible's counsel: "Quit mixing with them." (1 Corinthians 5:11) Disfellowshipped individuals may continue to attend religious services and, if they wish, they may receive spiritual counsel from the elders with a view to their being restored. They are always welcome to return to the faith if they reject the improper course of conduct for which they were disfellowshipped.

Bolding and emphasis is mine.

watchtower double speak?

yup

Edited by - zev on 25 August 2002 15:47:17

• blondie
    blondie

zev, that certainly proves that WTS reads this board.

• JT
    JT

great post and everyone of you are right on the money YOU GOT TO LOVE IT

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Hi All,

Does anyone of you have any WTS doublespeak about seeking Higher Education (Bachelor's degree, Master or PhD in college)?

Thanks in advance,

Ajax

• minimus
    minimus

If you are a good double-talker then who really knows for sure that you lied about something? As was mentioned, when you have to re-read an article 10 times to try to decipher what is really being said then the Society has done their job well....Then when the elders call or write for clarification, the service desk can ask you why you aren't following Society procedure.....Maybe it's because nobody knows what the hell they're saying in the first place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit