How are the JW's reacting to the new USA gay marriage laws?

by purrpurr 59 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Their opinions are in direct conflict with the fact that homosexual sexual activity was not grounds for a scriptural divorce until the late 70s/early 80s. (citation needed).
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

blondie - "When I worked out near Wallkill, I overhead 3 Bethel elders saying that homosexuality (they specified only men not women) was a worse sin than adultery. I could not resist and asked 'why' since the punishment was the same, death under the law. One said that adultery was natural....I said if so, why were people put to death for doing what was natural?"

When I was still in, I often had fun picking apart (non-WT-sanctioned) ideas in front of JWs, especially the stoopid ones.

Never got in trouble for it, either.

BTW, I've always found it funny that some of the most verbal critics of gay sex have always seemed to be very quiet about hot girl-on-girl action...

• sir82
    sir82

I have never met more homophobic people then male jws. Are they worried that it is contagious?

I honestly think that many of them literally do think it is contagious.

• Clambake
    Clambake

If you look what is happening in Greece is it pretty scary. An entire first world country is going to go bankrupt and join the ranks of the emerging markets like Mexico or Egypt. The straw that really broke the camels was an unstainable pension system. Nearly 16 % of GDP went to the paying government pensions.

I don’t care if you want to be known as Mr. and Mr. or Mrs. or Mrs but the union of marriage is for economic benefit between too people for the procreation for the species.

Now everyone is going to get to use everyone insurance plans and be entitled to each other pensions because they had sex with each other ? Fook that.

Rant over.

• sir82
    sir82

the union of marriage is for economic benefit between too people for the procreation for the species.

So women over the age of 50 or so should be prohibited from marrying? And the sterile as well?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "So women over the age of 50 or so should be prohibited from marrying? And the sterile as well?"

Or even regular couples who just - for whatever reason - don't wanna have kids?

• Clambake
    Clambake

So

Should two roomates that lived together for a period longer than 6 months get to use each other health insurance ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A spouse and a roommate are not the same thing (even though sometimes it feels like it).

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

clambake:

Is that all married couples do? Just live together for longer than 6 months?

LRG

• sir82
    sir82

I don't think so.

I fail to see what remote relation the question has to the issue of gay marriage though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit