How are the JW's reacting to the new USA gay marriage laws?

by purrpurr 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

An elder said this today.

"The US is Sodom and Gomorrah now! The end is near"

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

millie: That is part of what caused such a split among our family. I would simply not turn my back on this one relative and my other siblings were more than willing to do so.

Thanks for being an example of doing the right thing!

• tiki
    tiki

well....I bet mr. morris will have some interesting thoughts to express on the subject.........

the thing that cracks me up is that so many of them think that they (gays ) are out to get them and "want" to sully their holy standing. I know a lot of gays and they invariably have high respect for heterosexuals and are not "after them" ......... their attraction is to one another typically and not to hetero's.

yeah - they'll spin it into something dreadful for sure.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Ahh, the uber moralistic witnesses. Meanwhile, the story of drunken Lot and his promiscuous daughters is swept under the rug.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    cultBgone: Ahh, the uber moralistic witnesses. Meanwhile, the story of drunken Lot and his promiscuous daughters is swept under the rug
    Haha! What silly buggers they are! (And we were once also)
    But as well as the incestuous Lot and his daughters story, there are some male+male sexual stories in the Bible.
    For example, check out 1 Kings 14:23.24.
    23They also set up for themselves high places, sacred stones and Asherah* poles on every high hill and under every spreading tree.
    24There were even male shrine prostitutes** in the land; the people** engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites. (NIV)

*What this is telling is that Phallic symbols (representations of a penis) such as you can still see in Bhutan (where there are drawings of a penis on most houses) and Japan, were on every high hill and every large tree
    ** this tells us that male to male sexual activity was common place in the land among the people. We should ask a question, if there were many male prostitutes in Israel (and all this not so long after David and Solomon's wonderful rule), how many customers did they get? We have no way to answer that question, except that the inference of the text is that " the people (many) engaged in this sacred prostitution.

Note Neill, James (2008). The origins and role of same-sex relations in human societies. McFarland. p. 96. ISBN 978-0-7864-3513-5. In fact, the worship of Baal and Asherah persisted among the Israelites for over seven centuries, from the period after the conquest and settlement of Canaan- which most biblical scholars place at around 1400 B.C., to the time of the destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar and the exile of the Israelites in Babylon in the 6th century B.C.
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

A lot of them are even saying that it's the start to Armageddon!!!

Yet gay marriage has long been approved in many parts of the world, and Armageddon hasn't come yet. (Sorry, don't know how to turn off the quote box).

• jws
    jws

Whenever something is supposed to go out with the least impact, it gets announced on a Friday when less people are watching.

I'm all for it and it's about time. Like rebel8 said, look at the revenue for marriages which I'm assuming have been in decline over the years. I ought to suggest to my homophobic ex-JW friend that he go into wedding photography again.

But let's face it, the Bible says it's wrong and JWs will defend that position. They defend birthdays on much less evidence and the blood thing which involves lives.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Be afraid AMIII! Be very afraid. For Arma-gay-don is coming any day now, in which you and the entire GB will be forced to wear tight pants on stage before a crowd of gay couples! ROFLOL.
  • ssn587
    ssn587
    I have 4 gay people in family and am surprised they one an all think marriage, gay marriage is sick, makes me wonder if that is because they don't want to be stuck with their current significant other. Oh well someone mentioned people posting horrible things in social networks could get in trouble. That is nonsense IMO.
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Queue TOMO the Turd's rant in 3... 2... 1.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit