I get the TWO versions this weekend....

by Jigrigger 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

I'm on the road this weekend playing in a beer joint, and lo and behold, in my room, on top of the STANDARD ISSUE KJV, there sits a NWT...hummmmmmmmmmm.

Must be a dub out there moonlighting

Jrig

• outnfree
    outnfree

Maybe we can hope it's a liberated dub who decided to leave his/her NWT behind .... forever!

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Jrig,

Will you do me a favor??? THROW IT OUT. Thanks..........dj

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Hi DJ & Outnfree,

I looked inside the front and back covers to see if there was any of the typical scribbling that dubs do in their books/bibles,etc. All I found was "Chord C" written on the inside cover...wonder if that was for some KINGDUMB melody he doodled once during a boring meeting

Jrig

• Swan
    Swan

There are too many Bibles being left behind in motels without the proper name and address to return this valuable property to its owner. This is being wasteful! The society should write an article in the Kingdom Ministry to chastize the brothers and sisters for not putting their contact information on every piece of literature. Every Bible lost is a Bible the Societey needs to replace. They should have the elders checking the Bibles for the proper identification. If they find one, a JC for that person. If they are repentant, and write their name in there right away, then public reproof is all that should happen. If they refuse to write their name in or offer excuses, then DF them...

Oh, what's that? There is an article already?

Well, that's entirely different.

NEVERMIND!

Edited by - UglyDuckling on 24 August 2002 21:20:51

• siegswife
    siegswife
    Maybe we can hope it's a liberated dub who decided to leave his/her NWT behind .... forever!

ROFL

• mustang
    mustang

"JW's displace Gideon's. Hotel rooms will never be the same. Film @11."

Mustang

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Hey UglyDuckling,

"There is an article already?"LOL!!

Yep, the presses were just a-smokin'

And the taskmasters in the plant must've had the boys all worked up too, probably singin' Kingdom songs at the top of their lungs while they're pluggin' away...sort of like Sarg. Joe Friday (Dan Akroyd, I think) during a chase scene singin' Xmas tunes...I don't know what made me think of that...the only thing I can't picture is exactly which song they would be doin' as I've been out for 28 years - I'm sure they've come out with some real classics since

Mustang,

LOL, Bible Wars - Episode 1 The Gideons Strike Back

Jrig

• mustang
    mustang

"BROOKLYN- JW's totally displace Gideons foothold. Hundreds of Gideons out of work and tossed onto streets. WTS picks up assets and ousts all occupants, causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Thousands of hotel goers struck down by false religion. No known cure, CDC helpless to respond, anonymous Atlanta spokesman confirms."

Mustang

• SYN
    SYN

Why on Earth would the Dubs do that? It doesn't earn Bethel any money, does it? Unless they buy the Bibles themselves?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit