Too gone for too long:(

by Wendy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Wendy
    Wendy

I have been offfline for awhile, and I must say I am quite upset, not really upset, just unsettled about what I have seen when I have returned. Have all of you lost your ever loving minds? WTF?

I remember when this place was a NICE place to come to. Where I could share parts of my life that I was embarressed to share with others. A place that people knew who I was. They had walked the road, some here still walking. Now I see utter CHAOS! And chaos only has a place in my filing cabinet.

What happened to all the support? Where is the love? Please give me URL's I will follow them and try to restore the peace I had before. Why all the fighting? Board wars, moderators wars, deactivation, deletions etc etc. How sad

This world is so HUGE, yet so small at the same time. The lives we touch with the words we say can go a long way. Please remember this.

Simon, if this is too much to handle for you, and IMO it is, shut it down. How much good can come from this? I personally have met some wonderful people, and to this day engage in their REAL lives. This fighting bickering, deleting, moderating...is this what you intended it to be?

I say take your little friends all of you have a group and disperse. The overwhelming Volume is too much for any man/woman/small child/herculean athelete to handle.Tthe amount of good that can be accomplished is swept under the rug of so much hate and sadness that many carry.

I am touched and will forever be blessed with those I have met and know here. Yet I will not be back. I can't see this place in the shambles that it is. Mucho love to all, and please, please, please stop the insanity. Our future generations depend on US!

wendy

• J_Dubble_Agent_007
    J_Dubble_Agent_007

Wendy, it looks as though this is all you've seen...........

Thats right, the black dot in the middle of this post.

• professor
    professor

Why does it seem like January 1st, 1976 around here?

P.S. The love is still here. It's just having its period.

Edited by - professor on 24 August 2002 4:31:29

• Prisca
    Prisca

The love and caring is still here, it never left. Those who wanted to cause trouble for Simon have been removed, or they removed themselves. Hopefully things will be much more peaceful now.

• ISP
    ISP

Its not half as bad as you make out!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you can goto BBoys site now...if you don't like the idea of moderation. In the real world there has to be some. BBoys site only has a little moderation...but it does have some. Out of 4000+ posters the deletions you could count on one hand. Sense of proportion is lacking.

ISP

• Satanus
    Satanus

Me, i wonder why she said those things. I wonder if she meant well by them. Maybe her real wish is in these words:

shut it down

SS

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wendy,

Simon cares too much to shut this down. He has said he's not going to let the few ruin it for the rest. So that puts the "shut it down" idea to rest.

And each week, we continue to have individuals come on board and say "thank you for giving me a place where I am understood".

So maybe for an internet veteran like you, it is easier to spot the troubles. But even when I joined this place in March 2001, there were several spats going on, people arguing endlessly, etc. It was not peaceful. Yet I found enough "meat" here and enough good people where I KNEW I was home.

I'm sorry it doesn't feel like home for you anymore. But I deny that now is much different than some "good old days".

In fact now is better. The WT is being more deeply exposed for its hypocrisy thanks to sites like this, and it feeds into more lurkers and more activations. It's not perfect, but hey perfection doesn't exist outside the Watchtower Society, haha.

So we'll see you when you come back again!!

Jeff

• happy man
    happy man

NO WENDY.

this place have give mee some very good things, as ongoing JW, i have a lot of qestions who was embarresing mee, now i have answers on this issus, now I now that it was not only mee who was badley treated, not only my son who was dfd for minor things , not only mee who was an liberal elder who dont like to hunt peopel, not only mee wo didnt like this wolfs among us, not only mee

who was have trubel widh treatment of dfd children, not only mee who have bigg qestion of this new poycie inn the blood issu, not only mee who was wondering why generation thing was so easly change, not only mee who was missing the days when we joj to bee JW, not only mee who was missing love and care in the cong, not only mee who was terrifed of some peopel who could give inn the best friend, not only mee who didnt understand the wolf come tommorw talk, and so on and so on.

Bless the peopel who putt this site upp, and even some of the signatures here, like casseline, who suffer like JOB, or Amazing who tell some very intresting thing, and hillary step who give intresting wuies from inside of the topp peopel.

Here i find peopel as myself, being elder for many years fighting fore waht they think was good, i think jehova will bless them even if they leave, who can judge in this, only jehova can read hearts.

Myself still fighting inside, and will do so , trying to change, and wait fore new things to happend.

• Simon
    Simon

This trouble only lasted a few days - certainly less than a week. The fact that many have come and asked what had happened shows that it has not had as big an impact as we may imagine. It's over and things are already much calmer and nicer.

I have no doubt it will all be forgotten about apart from odd attempts to re-ignite fires but I do not think attempts to do this will succeed.

I do get emails from people (and posts) who say the site has helped them and as long as it continues to do good then I think shutting it down would be a travesty and would be letting people down.

We have built a good community here and it continues to get bigger and stronger. The people on the forum have worked together and accomplished some big things because people care and are willing to work together.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It seems that the most voluble detractors of this site were those that cried for "absolute" free speech. Well, now they have a place to go, and buddies that share that ideal.

I, personally, wish them the best and hope they will continue to swing by here occasionally, too. As Wendy stated, "this world is so HUGE". There's more than enough room for several sites, which should share the workload helping those who are finally thinking, and supporting those who have left.

I don't have a bad word to say for anyone. I just hope that everyone finds the niche that they feel most comfortable in, and preferably without slagging off others for prefering a different niche. It is that attitude, of bigotry, that is the saddest reflection on the toll of a JW influence. If people want to stay - great. If people want to go - great. If they don't want to ever see another computer screen again, for as long as they live - great.

Life's too short to waste on arguments as to who's got the better site. Just find the one you're comfortable with, and get on with it. There's healing time a-wasting, and there's a whole lot of love in this room!

Edited by - LittleToe on 24 August 2002 4:34:59

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit