Secret Letters and files

by simplesally 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Freedom of Information Act only applies to Federal government agencies.

If you want some information that the Federal Government has, then you can request it... however, it does not extend to the local or state governments, or private organizations.

A lot of the states and local governments do have their own acts that are similar, but you would have to write a letter to a representative to get information about them.

Regarding any private organizations, you are subject to their internal policies. Just as you can take notes on and video tape people in public areas... so can a private organization. Such information becomes yours and is protected by privacy and search and seizure laws.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 23 August 2002 13:19:39

• zev
    zev

Elsewhere:

Just as you can take notes on and video tape people in public areas... so can a private organization.

does this include "recording devices (audio)" in the kingdumb hall i wonder?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Just another example of JWs being denied the basic rights citzens of any enlightened, free society in "Satan's world" take for granted. JW drones are conditioned to think they have only OBLIGATIONS, not RIGHTS.

• donnye
    donnye

I asked the PO elder to confirm to me that I could get a scriptural divorce. After 8 WEEKS!!! yes, 8 long weeks, he told me that I was indeed entitled to a scriptural divorce. I asked him to put it in writing - he replied that he could not do this because of the data protection act. Then he said that if I moved to another congregation they would get a letter from him confirming that I was scripturally divorced. how bizarre. one rule for him and another rule for me.... I stopped going to meetings for 2 years, and now attend the Sunday meeting only, at other congregations i.e. as a visiting sister. I have no intention of 'signing up' to a new congregation because I do not want any written records and letters being passed from pillar to post, without my knowledge of what is in them. I also have no hangup about not putting in a field service report, because basically, Jehovah knows what time and effort I put into witnessing every month. Too much red tape I say...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Donnye!

(interesting that this thread was bumped after all these years, also, with JWFacts' recent thread on getting his records!)

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Yes this is one of the many problems. Someday I will be able to relate my story on the "Secret Letters" that are wrote about Elder/MS and Publishers. Question is how did this become the norm...what scripture supports the writing of negative, unverifiable statements? The body of elders that wrote the letter are the one that are suppose to make sure that everything in them was discussed with the one the letter is being writen about. With corrupton and hyprocrisy running rampant there is no way to get any justice. Help is not available from the WBTS as they have even greater problems and are the promoters of the way these letters are handled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit