U.S. Condemns Beheadings; W.T. Speaks Out

by Kenneson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

"U.S. condemns latest abduction by Abu Sayyaf guerillas." Go to the last article of Related Stories underneath "Heads of 2 Sayyaf hostages displayed in public market."

Also, to the extreme right under Highlights Gma-7Audio-Video is Dean Jasec, Watchtower spokeman for the Philippines who says that the JWs involved "were not officially sent there. They were there to earn a living."

http://www.inq7.net/

• ISP
    ISP

I don't think they were there to make a living. Why would you go to the outback with 2 muslim guides if it was not to religious stuff?

ISP

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Good point, ISP! What, pray tell, is their thinking in this matter?

(Sorry, I distrust the WT now more than ever)

• ISP
    ISP

ThiChi........you can be sure that there is some serious ass-covering going on......

ISP

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

ISP,

That is certainly a legitimate question. The Witnesses must have realized that this was a Muslim area to have engaged this couple as guides. But I am also puzzled as to why these Muslims would have been associating with JWs. in the first place. Could they have pretended to be friends to the JWs only to betray them and lead them into a trap?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Regardless of what the JW motives were in being there, one cannot justify the actions taken toward people that were there peacefully.

THE HEADS of two of the six Filipino Christians kidnapped earlier this week by Abu Sayyaf bandits in the southern province of Sulu were found dumped in a public market in the provincial capital Jolo. A note in the black garbage bag that contained one of the heads said, "Those who do not believe in Allah will suffer the same fate."

With ignorant statements like the above no wonder this world is in such a mess. It gets me back to my point of the sooner religion and its primitive ideology is done away with the better. Unfortunately in these 3rd world countries, where poverty and ignorance abounds it will never come about. Religion is the crutch that keeps people living in the dark ages.

Will

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yeah I mean this totally sucks whether they were JW's or not. Its terrible what these Muslim extremists do.

• ISP
    ISP
    "We have not sent anyone for a religious mission in Sulu," said Jean Jacek, an American.

Even so, Jacek said the congregation was giving financial and spiritual assistance to the victims' families.

The Mantulos are from Malangas town in Zamboanga del Sur province. They moved to Zamboanga City in 1994 and have since lived in an apartment near Kingdom Hall of the Jehovah's Witnesses in the city's Pasonanca section. The Mantics are from Lapuyan town in Zamboanga del Norte province.

Mantulo's sister, Yvonne, said the government was returning her brother's head to her family. "I hope they'll free the remaining (hostages), allow them to come home alive," she said. "We're so saddened."

Police said two gunmen stopped a jeep carrying the Jehovah's Witnesses and forced them out. The driver was left behind and alerted authorities. A Muslim couple, who served as guides, were also not taken.

Looks like yearbook stuff gone way wrong.

I like Jaceks comment. No doubt true.........but still they were sent there! We know WTS double talk only too well.

ISP

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

What's going on? Now on CNN News, we are told that it is believed that bandits and not the Abu Sayyaf are responsible for the beheading of the two Witnesses. That sounds like a cover-up from either the Philippine government or its military. The "bandits" didn't even take the Avon products in the jeep and the Witnesses are poor. So what did they hope to steal? And why would you behead people just because they have no money? Something is awry!

• Francois
    Francois

Now I'm hearing that the two JWs that were beheaded were selling cosmetics door-to-door.

Crash and burn you watchtower...well, I can't curse, so I hope when you get home, your mother runs out from under the porch and bites you on the ankle.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit