Earthquakes in one place after another

by jws 4 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

I wonder what all of the fracking is doing to JWs. It's been shown that fracking causes earthquakes. Though the gas companies try to minimize this fact or say the earthquakes aren't significant, they are still happening. And with more frequency.

The very definition of earthquakes in one place after another.

• cofty
    cofty

They aren't significant.

They are not the sort of earthquakes that happen at plate boundaries. the earth is still rebounding from the pressure of the last ice-age. These are the sort of tremors we get in the UK.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    There are over 100,000 earthquakes a year that humans can detect, 500,000 that instruments detect. Fracking may be increasing that number, but it is not affecting JWs. A major earthquake that takes lives is what they concentrate on, and Fracking does not seem to cause an earthquake of that magnitude.
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

I was at my mother-in-law's house yesterday taking care of a project and I overheard my wife and her mom talking about this rise in earthquakes caused by man.

I'm thinking, oh-my-gawd, the only reason they'd be talking about this is something they heard at the Kingdom Hall.

I'm just wondering if it is organizational or a local mental giant grasping for proof of Armageddon's nearness.

I did a little research and seismic activity has actually reduced from fracking in recent years due to adjusted techniques.

Increased seismic activity caused by fracking, sure, but it certainly doesn't rise to the apocalyptic level of earthquakes in one place after another.

Has anybody else heard of an increase in this man-made earthquake talk recently in the JW community?

• zeb
    zeb

I am old enough to remember when Nuclear tests were happening.

It seemed to me that soon after a nuclear bomb was let off a dam some where in the world would collapse losing its water and flooding lots of people and crops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit