The Right to Know

by ozziepost 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LDH
    LDH

Ozzie,

you just may be onto something here.

The WBTS Kangaroo Courts police the congregation with issues of *Moral Uncleanness.*

For instance:

1. Cigarette smoking

2. "fornication"

3. Masturbation

4. Alcoholism

etc.

As long as the above "sins" don't cause any public repercussions IN THE WORLD, they are content to let you be publicly censored in the congregation.

IE, if an alcoholic JW is arrested for drunk driving, you better believe his dumb ass will be df'd soon.

If you smoke cigarettes and are seen in public, you are subject to also be df'd.

But with the crime of pedophilia, which is a CRIMINAL ACT, not a moral sin, they want to keep it quiet. Veddy veddy ind-teresting.

Even when they have information they should morally share with law enforcement, they keep it to themselves under the guise of "Ecclesiastical Privilege."

I wonder what else their "Ecclesiastical Privilege" allows them to keep quiet?????

Lisa

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

10 years ago, an elder let me read a letter from the WTBS to all elders in the U.S. regarding an elder's response to any accusation of child abuse. What I remember is that they were told NOT to keep any written notes. When I asked the elder why, he told me so that if notes were kept and a subpoena were ever issued then the police would be able to go through all the congregation's files. If no notes were ever taken, and no written record existed, then the elders could tell the police that fact and the police would not then be able to look at any other files.

Of course, nowhere in this letter did the subject of how to care for the trauma the victim went through, or any spiritual encouragement or counseling they might need. Truly the food at the proper time . . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit