new light is on the way...

by mgm 15 Replies latest jw friends

• katchoo
    katchoo

I have had almost that same conversation with my parents. My father SWORE to me that there was archaeological proof that 607 BCE was the correct date for their 1914 calculations...I said Where is it? I'd like to see it.

He responded that the Society said there was, so there must be, adn it was wrong to go looking outside the Society for answers.

The word is brainwashing, folks. plain and simple.

--B.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey, Simon!

If you've been following Friend's posts, "some" of us use circular arguments.

All of the above quotes are circular, aren't they?

And there is no way to reason, even respond!!!It's so maddening!!!!

"You cannot underestimate the intelligence of the American people." HL Mencken

And that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    Me: The organistion has been wrong before.
    Her: No they haven't what proof do you have!
    Me: OK, if I show you the proof, will you read it?
    Her: No, it wouldn't be spiritually upbuilding
    Me: AAaarghhh !!!

so if its not spiritually upbuilding, then that means that it really IS proof, and she knows it! coz if the proof wasnt really proof, then it wouldn't be "spiritually hazardous" and she could read it. so she doesnt want to read it because it might be true... so therefore, better not read it. ugh

• r51785
    r51785

Actually what Mencken said was: "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

JW's won't even look into their own literature if there is evidence that a teaching is wrong or has changed

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

JW's won't even look into their own literature if there is evidence that a teaching is wrong or has changed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit