Jehovah blesses those who shun e-mail

by Mindchild 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hey guys...maybe we can talk You Know into going into selling tomatoes? He could both save the economy that way...delaying the big "A" for all us fun loving apostates, give himself a life, and spend less time salivating over the prospect of the business world biting the dust.

I don't think I would make it in the tomatoes business Syn...I like squeezing those babies every chance I get. lol

Skipper

• detective
    detective

hmmm. So, essentially- a farmer works very hard to grow tomatoes. He sells them at reasonable price at a farmers market. A JW comes along, buys the tomatoes, jacks up the price and sells them on a street corner, doubling his money. How much do these tomatoes cost exactly? The farmer obviously sells them for a low enough price so that at double the price, they are still being snatched up by passersby!

Does our JW, who did not grow the tomatoes feel at all bad for the farmer who is making a big profit off of? Does he feel bad for selling tomatoes at twice the cost to passersby who could get them at the farmers market at what would presumably be a fair price?

Selling on a street corner... no overhead. Is he paying taxes?

sounds like a jerk to me!!

• Francois
    Francois

You know those letters in Penthouse and Hustler about sexual encounters that, um, strain credulity - sure you do. Those are, of course, written by ghost writers. Not a true story in 'em.

I think these kind of stories as produced in this thread are also ghost written. They're just too pat, too neat to have ever really happened.

More JW lies.

• detective
    detective

I just can't get enough of this one!

I'm wondering if it would still be a beautiful story of Jehovah providing if I "donated" a few bucks for NWT bibles and then sold them at 100% profit on a street corner.

Of course, it was wise that our JW hero didn't take the job at microsoft. He might have had dental insurance, health insurance and a 401k that way. Nope. Much better to throw caution to the wind, let his kids roam around uninsured, hire other JWs without insuring them while simultaneously bilking the government out of tax dollars! And screw the farmer whom he is taking advantage of, or is he giving the farmer a fair share of the profits (ha ha)!! I love how Jehovah provides!!

You know, I didn't have email when I was hired at either of my current jobs. Do you think that I'll get fired when they find out?

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

LOL Detective, I love your comments. What do you think about encouraging the WTS to make an article in the Awake magazine about this? LOL

I'm thinking that maybe this started out as one of those special talks that the circuit overseers love to give and somebody modified it and started sending it by email. It likely isn't a true story, at least no truer than any nonsense the Borg publishes all the time.

Skipper

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

I don't see anything wrong with jacking the price on items. Hey, you paid a certain price for something which makes the original guy happy because he got what he wanted for them. Not only that but the people who bought them are happy because they paid what they deemed a fair price for something that was convenient for them to get. Its not that much different than the convenience store on the corner charging more for a box of cereal than the grocery further down the street. I've always said that any given item is worth whatever amount of money people are willing to pay for it. The guy's making an honest buck so why knock that?

• detective
    detective

well, on the upside, I guess I don't have to ask "what would jesus do?"

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

That story has been making the rounds for years in one form or another.

It was originally told as a joke, but over the years some people picked up on it as though it were true, and have personalized it for various companies (or in this case, religions).

Here are two other variations of the same hackneyed tale;

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/bookkeep.htm

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Chuck! Thanks for pointing out the origins of where this story came from. It looks to me like some dub adapted it for "theocratic: use. LOL! Hmm, I wonder if they just heard the story or if they got it off the Internet? Sounds like a double dose of hypocracy!

Skipper

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Please excuse me while I go projectile vomit...

Thank you, can I throw tomatoes at this email?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit