Ethics Discussion of WTS Blood Policy

by Marvin Shilmer 33 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

bttt

This thread deserves to be read by many more

• siegswife
    siegswife

Pistoff, I know what you mean about the 'cows blood' aspect of this. The blood ban in the Bible clearly refers to animal blood, and the WTS, by extension applies it to human blood.

Why on earth would they allow the blood that's is specifically banned and not allow the blood that they feel is implicated, though not specified?

I wish the r&f JW's could see how shady the blood policy really is.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Wife asked: "Why on earth would they allow the blood that's is specifically banned and not allow the blood that they feel is implicated, though not specified?"

Great question! The Masters of this policy are of their father, the great liar. The entire policy is a lie, so as one lie is added to another, the lies become more and more convoluted.

They know they are lying and they will do anything to get out of the lie short of admitting their lies. They hope upon hope that something will surface to "save" them from their lies. They have been hanging on the slightest word of encouragement about "artificial" blood in the hope that such developments would render the human or animal forms of blood unnecessary in medical practice. Since that hope has thus far failed to materialize, they are turning to animal products as a way around what most JWs think of as "blood." Note that the patient in this case told her JW visitors that the bovine product "was not blood." That statement too was a lie. Of course it was blood, not whole blood, but blood; not human blood, but cows blood. Poor soul, she was lying even to herself; how else could she cope with the cows blood she was receiving, but by lying to herself and lying to her visitors?

Remember years ago the urging from Brooklyn to talk to ones butcher to make sure that the meat JWs ate was "properly bleed" so as not to violate Gods requirements concerning blood? And now this, putting animal blood right in a JWs vein with Brooklyns blessing!

Unfortunately, for the Brooklyn Masters, the Internet has begun to expose their lies before any "artificial" blood has come along to save them from their lies.

Edited by - Sam Beli on 27 August 2002 13:42:59

• ros
    ros

Hi, Marvin, et al:

There's an interesting article about Hemopure in the July 2002 issue of Discover magazine. According to the article, the manufacturer expected the product to be ready for FDA approval last month.

http://www.discover.com/july_02/featchemistry.html

Quote from a paragraph in the article:

It's been a few years since that day in 1999, but soon the rest of us may have an alternative to blood, too. If all goes according to its manufacturer's plan, Hemopure will be ready for FDA approval this month. Three other products are in the late stages of testing: PolyHeme and Hemolink, based on human hemoglobin, and Oxygent, a synthetic blood substitute based on a chemical called perflubron.

~Ros

• Scully
    Scully

Sam Beli writes:
    >>>Remember years ago the urging from Brooklyn to talk to ones butcher to make sure that the meat JWs ate was "properly bled" so as not to violate God's requirements concerning blood? And now this, putting animal blood right in a JW's vein with Brooklyn's blessing!<<<

Oh the irony!! It's also standard practice for a JW to check the label of all prepared meat (sausages, cold cuts, etc.) for the dreaded term "by-products", which *could* but might not mean that blood was mixed in with the lot. This, despite the FDA rulings that blood had to be specifically detailed on the label in the US, and letters from manufacturers in Canada to the effect that by-products do not include blood. After some 20 years as a JW of checking the labels for "by-products", I still catch myself checking labels for that term.

Love, Scully

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Hi Scully,

Yes, I still find myself checking labels too. Actually, none of us want to ingest harmful ingredients and label checking is probably a good thing But just be honest about what is going on.

We all want to avoid blood when ever possible, but when necesary it can be a life saver. The WTS will not give medically necessary blood the credit it deserves. Instead, they lie in an attempt to cover their deviousness.

Those Brooklyn Masters are murderers, plain and simple.

Edited by - Sam Beli on 27 August 2002 13:54:36

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

BTTT

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Michelle

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

bttt

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

This nurse has a very good feel for the role of elders in the hospital. Quoting a paragraph from the article:

"Another important aspect of this case had to do with the congregationand the elders. They would come in, especially during her lastadmission, to visit her. We felt like they were checking upon her. They would come in to watch and to ask questions andto see what we were doing and to see what we were hanging. Ifwe went in and hung the bovine hemoglobin while they were there,she would say to them, "This isnt blood." She would haveto clarify what was being hung. We felt like we were being watchedto make sure that we were doing the right thing according totheir beliefs. When she went to the MICU, there was always someonethere, watching to make sure that no one would hang blood. Therewas a lack of trust. "

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Lee, I agree with you that this nurses observations were right on the money. In situations of this sort with which I have been involved, the physicians referred to the elders (HLC) as "the Gestapo." These Gestapo members are not present primarily out of love and concern for the welfare of their brother or sister, but out of concern for the proper observance of WT rules. In a twisted way they may think that they are helping the JW patient by protecting them from evil, demonic medicine, namely "blood."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit