Should JWS honeymoon?

by badboy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Isn't marriage/wedding pagan?? I think shacking up, like the ot jews did would be more scriptural.

SS

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Oh I'm sure they will continue to allow the honeymoon. As long as they don't miss any meetings and go out in service on saturday.

LB, your saying that reminded me of a JW camping trip I once went on. Sunday morning, sure as anything, all gathered at ones camp site for a Watchtower study! No going out in service, though.

Lew W

• Quotes
    Quotes

According to http://www.brideandgroom.com/tradition.htm:

THROWING RICE

Throwing rice over newlyweds originated from the ancient Pagan rite of showering the happy couple with grain to wish upon them a 'fruitful' union. Pagans believed that the fertility of the seeds would be transferred to the couple on whom they fell.

• Matty
    Matty

I was told that bridesmaids were pagan and are originally intended to be decoys to confuse evil spirits and protect the bride!

A typical Incursion would be like this I guess:

"Ooh, which one is the bride? We're confused!"

"Hey, lets sort out that lady over there, she looks like a bride to me, big long dress and flowers and stuff!"

"Dash it, I've just done some evil violating on one of her friends by mistake, the bride has got away!!!"

• badboy
    badboy

SIMPLY BRINGING THIS 2 THE TOP OF THE ACTIVE LIST

• undercover
    undercover

I went to a wedding once where instead of rice or confetti, they had kids line up on each side of the walkway with a bottle of bubble stuff and blow bubbles as the bride and groom exited the hall. hmmm, didnt the good witch of the north in Wizard of Oz appear in a bubble?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit