How I became a JW - Part 1

by Amazing 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Guest 77: I didn't reveal my name in trhe past because of two things: 1. It seemed to me that most, maybe 99% of the ex0JW community enjoyed the privacy of being annonymous, and I felt if others were private, then so would I be private; 2. I was given credible warning by some non-JWs to remain incognito for a few years after I left the Watchtower ... which I did do ... but, I feel that the concerns that once existed have passed.

None of this has anything to do with whether I claimed to be among the JW anointed. While I was a JW, I had no doubts because of the structure of the JW belief system ... upon leaving the religion, I took to traditional Christianity which views 'anointing' as a relatively minor feature enjoyed by all Christians. Since then, I have forgotten about 'anointing' in general, as it no longer holds any meaning for me.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Thanks for replying.

Guest 77

• Xander
    Xander

Interesting reading your tales.

(Incidently, my 'how I became a JW' tale is a little shorter. I was born. Then...no, wait....that's it. )

• Simon
    Simon

Oh no ... another 'episode 1'

I know what comes next ... weeks of checking on the board for the 'next part', lol.

Looking forward to reading more Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit