Back in the Basement

by LostGeneration 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The official Watchtower description of the picture is:

In an area where their work is restricted, Jehovah’s Witnesses hold a meeting in a dark basement.

Interesting the all encompassing breadth of ethnicity in the very small group of JW's. Such an ethnic mix of JW's, and the styling of clothing, rules out nearly all present countries "where their work is restricted" including Central Asia, much of the Middle East, parts of Asia and North Korea. However, the inclusion of an entire Asian ethnic family with children limits the potential country even further, if not their own country then a country that would accept an Asian ethnic family, not being migrant workers, where the work of JW's is also restricted to the point of meeting in a "dark basement". Further the Revised New World translation is only available in printed form in a limited number of languages (at present it isn't even available in German, not even online) thereby limiting the nationalities of those present even further.

If I was to guess I would have to say the country is Borghistan.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I notice the suggested "go-bag" included in the picture as a reminder of WT expectations for doomsday tribulation readiness. Look at the tablet reading fellow and there it is. Looks like it's bulging full.
  • talesin
    talesin
    I wonder how long those tablets hold a charge?
  • millie210
    millie210

Funny that berrygerrys post is exactly what will happen - making JW07s post necessary!

This picture is just so full of propaganda. Is it supposed to be cold? The kid holding the light thinks so.

Isnt there a scripture about hoping your flight doesnt take place during winter?

Looks like two go bags - one by the amorphously appearing "conductor".

Why are they putting all of this suggestiveness in there and then the header makes it sound like they are just talking about a blackout?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s Keep Trying Different Lamps To Read By..

No One Can Make Sense of the Latest WBT$ Literature..

................WTF??!!.....I Still Can`t Make Sense Of This WBT$ Crap..

.........................SOMEBODY BRING ANOTHER "NEW LIGHT!"..

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What's with the conductor"s shirt? It looks likes something a progressive rock star would wear.

That lantern gives off a nice square light pattern on the wall.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Noticed 2 things.

No litter-ature - only the blech Bible.

Usually, Borg photos have the detail of everyone being on the same page.

Br. Black is in the Pentateuch.

Br. White is in the prophets.

Br. Asian is in the Greek scriptures.

How come?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Cuz they knew only apostates would look hard at the details of this picture!
  • blondie
    blondie

I remember pre-1975 post 1966 days our book study conductor like to play undercover jws once a month. Work alone, take only 3 doors (assigned), change coat and hat, go down the block take 3 other doors. Or the tract under every door in less than 39 minutes. No bags, just tracts in pockets or purse. Of course that never happened in the US, not close. jws weren't even a blip on the FBI, DOJ, CIA, etc. radar. He played the book study in the dark with flashlights too.

The WTS thinks it makes jws feel special, the center of the universe.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    "There are hardly any houses with a basement in Australia, I wonder what they are expected to use?" - Listener
    That's a good question. I'd like to know the answer to that, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit