One hope for ALL christians - interesting video on heavenly hope

by paradisebeauty 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

As long as it's not "our" jdub annointed that will be coming down again! Can you imagine what a great disappointment for them heavenlies... and us earthlings? "We're baaack! And we were oh so wrong! Here's the new light. "

• cofty
    cofty
    One hope - all will have eternal life on earth - paradise

So in your beliefs what is the future for those who fully understand the christian message and reject it?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

my take on all that is this,

simply be good to everyone so when you die you'll then find out what happens.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Cofty by all I meant all who accept Jesus Christ. Belief in Christ can save anyone from death. (I am sure you know this from the Bible). But why would anyone reject the free gift of everlasting life if they fully understand the idea of redemption and that Jesus died insted of us so we can have everlasting life?

And by the way, there are christian denomimations who understand that all you need is faith, believe and confess Jesus as Lord - aka the Son of God and redeemer of mankind. - Romans 10:9

They also say that true baptism is baptism in the holy spirit that you receive invisibley when you believe. When you truly believe in your heart and accept Jesus you are born again from God. You become child of God.

And there also are some denominations that say that you can not lose your salvation, since birth can not be undone. You remain your Father's child no matter what. Plus, they say all christians are a part of the body of christ so they say the body of Christ can not be amputated.

The reason they say this is because this was revealed in the sacred secret, after the resurection of Christ, it was revealed to Paul. He is the one who talks of the sacred secret. And they say we now live in the administration of the sacret secret. Salvation is by faith and grace now, unlike the mosaic law when it was by works.

• cofty
    cofty

paradise - I fully understand the christian gospel and all of the variations on a theme that are taught or ever have been taught.

I think it is a morally repugnant notion. We are not sinners, we do not need redemption and the idea of Jesus dying for others is nothing more than a pagan blood sacrifice.

So what happens to rational people like me?

• cantleave
    cantleave

So what happens to rational people like me?

People like you and me just sit back and watch the deluded fools get their knickers in a twist over a bunch of ancient fairy tales.

• MessianicChristian
    MessianicChristian

Jehovah's Witnesses are unitarians.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all of the prophets of Israel from Moses to John were Unitarian.

Jesus was / is a unitarian and all of his apostles and early disciples both Jewish and not Jewish were unitarians.

Karaite and Talmudic Jews are unitarians.

Everyone who believe the teaching of the scriptures that there a Creator who is an individual person / being is a unitarian.

Scripture based Judaism is a unitarian faith.

Scripture based Christianity is a unitarian faith.

Trinitarianism / tri - theism is a pantheistic - polytheistic doctrine construct from Gnostic - Platonic - Stoic metaphysics and theology by Gnostic - Platonic - Stoic theologians from Valentinian to the Council of Calcedon circa 451 AD.

If the scriputures teach a trinity doctrine how come no one knew about it until the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD. [The so-called Nicean Creed dates from the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD.]

The Watchtower hides the history and the identity of unitary monotheist Christian groups from the Witnesses to pretend that only Jehovah's Witnesses acknowledge Jehovah / YahWeh as God.

So to tick off the pantheistic - polytheistic tri-theistic trinitarians and the Watchtower organization at the same time:

Christian - Unitary Monotheist Churches / Ministries:

Church of God General Conference / Atlanta Bible College : www.abc-coggc.org

Raymond C. Faircloth, former Jehovah's Witness : www.biblicaltruthseekers.co.uk

Eric H H Chang former trinitarian : www.christiandiscipleschurch.org;

Christian Monotheism - A Call to Return to the Creed of Jesus : www.christianmonotheism.com;

J Dan Gill 21 Century Reformation : www.21stcr.org;

Living Hope International Ministries: http://lhim.org

My favorite:

Sir Anthony Buzzard, 3rd Baronet

Restoration Fellowship : www.focusonthekingdom.org;

Abrahamic Movement Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/AbrahamicMovement

Jesus Is Still A Jew : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQe7WBXpufI

• Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic
    I feel like I am being love bombed by all of the Unitarian videos. Although I do like the John 1:1 explanation video. Makes more sense than adding the "a".
  • The1975Blues
    The1975Blues

Dr. Bart Erhman on his blog had some surprising but not unknown ideas what the First few century Church Fathers believed in. Papias enjoyed hearing from anyone who has connected or was part of a second gen person who knew what Jesus and his Apostles were teaching while on Earth. Eusebious did not agree with Papias, as for me, all I can do is look for the Master until he arrives and than we will know. Keep busy preaching his name through his conduct, helping your fellow man, helping those in need and baptizing them as taught by the Lord's Son.

Papias was under the impression we were going to live on a New Earth and that's what he claimed the elders and other holy men heard from the Source. Check out Erhman's Blog or look up the information yourself, makes the struggle to seek out truth even harder, its a lifelong quest as Jesus Christ stated!

• coalize
    coalize
    Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all of the prophets of Israel from Moses to John were Unitarian.

Euh... It's reallyu funny, because that have no meaning at all.It's totally anachronic!

Only a christian can be unitarian!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit