When you need someone...?

by TEA4ONE 6 Replies latest social relationships

• TEA4ONE
    TEA4ONE

Where are the most reasonable people these days? I continue to learn about relationships and I've learned a lot from dating. You never know until you've spent time with someone whether or not they will be there for you in the long run. I wonder if this is a geographical thing or maybe it's just a dying concept?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, Tea4one.

<scrathing head and wondering how this topic is related to "Disuccion forum for anything JW related"!>

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

It's in the dating, relationships & sex forum so it's fine. I don't quite understand your question though.

• Valis
    Valis
    You never know until you've spent time with someone whether or not they will be there for you in the long run

Not true...even when you spend time with people, you never know anyway. You get a more reasonable expectation as to their motives if anything. Really joy, how could you ask such a thing? The longer you are around the borg the more you realize they will be there in the long run....just not for us! *L*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "no part of this borg" class

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tea4One,

You have an interesting name. I've heard of the song "tea for two" which implies a delightful relationship, which going by your handle-name apparently you may not have at this point....

I wonder why you use the word "need" in the title of your post? True, we all need love, but if we show the NEEDINESS too much then we may settle too soon or be too desperate, if you know what I mean.

I'd like to think of it as a matter of "choice" -- as in, "I would be able be happy as an adult on my own. However, I choose to extend myself to you in this relationship. I am still my own person, but I would like to share my life experience with a person who's ready to give and receive love and attention."

The "most reasonable people" -- you have to spend time with someone, as you said, to determine if they're "reasonable" in a variety of situations. Optimistically, they are out there -- but only if you yourself are ready to be that kind of person too.

So... tell us about yourself!

• TEA4ONE
    TEA4ONE

Well, lets see. I appreciate the responses for sure. I've been around the witnesses all my life and I have my faith and my doubts like everyone. Two marriages and a 17, 15, 4 and a 11 year old stepson later, I feel no real NEED for someone. Wife #1, JW. Wife #2 DFd. Me, inactive yet.... Anyway I've been lied to for over a year by W#2 about her "extra". And W#1 dragged my but through court, $. Life is good. I love my kids and they love me. I see them all the time.

One things for sure, dating is very easy. I live in a tourist town and I meet a lot of interesting people. I only wish they would stay a little longer. ((Thanx again))

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"It's in the dating, relationships & sex forum so it's fine."

doh! sorry.

"Life is good. I love my kids and they love me. I see them all the time. "

That's great!

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit