Bickering - how sad

by Vivamus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I have just come back from a great mini vacation (two days). I had a whole lot of fun and enjoyed myself immensely. It is so good to be out of the Borg and not be troubled by Borg-rules anymore and just do whatever I wanna do.

Anyway, I came home, took a shower first, in order to wash the beach sand off of me and after that, I turned my computer on. Honestly, I didn't know what hit me when I checked in on the forum! I have no idea what triggered all of this bickering, and really don't wanna know it either.

But I do wanna say this. I love this place! In the few weeks that I've been here, I have become completely addicted, a forumjunky. This is a great place that Simon is giving us, and some great people are here. It saddens me to see all the disagreements of the last few days, I hope they will end. Just wanted to say this.

Peace and love to all of you!

Viv.

• omiecoop
    omiecoop

I have only been here for a short time myself, and I feel the same way. I look forward everyday to having a moment to check out what is happening on the forum. It is a great way to relax. I post occasionally, but rarely in the serious posts when people are debating some issue of JWville because I have never been a dub (see, I've learned a lot of the language, too) I read a LOT of them though. You begin to feel like you know the people who are posting. I have begun to have some affection for some of the posters. Some because they are clever, some because they are smart, some because they are funny, and some just because they are soooooo stupid. It hurts me to see the discord lately and I just hope that it does in fact blow over soon. I love all of you people and would snap my fingers and make you all happy if I could. Hang in there, I for one am pulling for the group to get over their differences and get along on a human level.----Omie

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

You're a sweetie Viv

...I think I'm smitten

Glad you got yourself a vacation! That's just what some folks around here need.

Seriously, it seems to be dying down. Don't worry too much... it's just people being people.

I think we all need to repeat to ourselves:

It's just a discussion board.

-Joe

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Tell us more about your shower please.

• gumby
    gumby

Don't listen to sixer....he's a horndog!

Seriously, this board has it's ups and down just like life in general does. It gets loving, then not so loving, it gets boring, then it gets real good.

Just ride with it. Lots of new people will mess with the flow.....buts thats a GOOD thing.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

I've noticed that the "bickering " increased shortly after Bill Bowen's disfellowshiping. Any thoughts?

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe
    Any thoughts?

Yes, but mostly regarding what Six said.

hehe.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Six and Joe, hehe, if I agree to your request, I'd have to move this to one of the adult sections... So, I can't comply!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Viv, some will be childish, pity them!

Guest 77

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Isn't flirting the natural opposite of bickering? I'm simply responding to the topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit