Fascinating Presentations of Jesus' Dynamic Teachings Coming Soon

by Perry 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Public perception a problem for JWs

Monday, June 8, 2015
    |

A Christian apologist says Christians should use discernment when dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses, who have recently launched a massive worldwide proselytization campaign.

Throughout this summer and continuing through January 2016, Jehovah's Witnesses are holding thousands of "Imitate Jesus!" conventions in 92 countries. The program, organized by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, is being presented in nearly 350 languages. According to a release, the gatherings promise three days of "fascinating presentations of Jesus' dynamic teachings, designed to help people of all ages and circumstances."

Article

In line with this push to highlight Jesus, consider:

I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else - Is. 42: 8 (NWT)

Jesus answered: “It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God." - John 8:54 (NWT)

How can Jehovah glorify Jesus when he states emphatically that he gives glory to NO ONE else? Jesus answers, "I and my father are one."

Will this be one of those "fascinating presentations of Jesus dynamic teachings" that will be highlighted by the Watchtower?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

" I give my glory to no one else" seems to indicate that God's glory is separate from the glory he is prepared to bestow on others; (John 17:5) "So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was."

• Zoos
    Zoos

Yea, that approach is easily dismantled by even a casual observer. How much quicker and easier to demolish that kind of reasoning inside the indoctrinated mind of a JW.

But I suppose the warning was directed toward non-JW Christians. Well, if it works, great! The reasoning doesn't really have to make sense... it only has to feel tingly.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How can Jehovah glorify Jesus when he states emphatically that he gives glory to NO ONE else? Jesus answers, "I and my father are one."

Easy as pie. The Bible says things that are contradicting. End of story. The 4 gospels contradict each other. The Old and New Testament contradict each other. Parts of the Bible say things about the sins of the father being applied to further generations and other parts say it is not so.

You are just trying to use another contradiction in the Bible to say that the answer must be some complicated theory of men that isn't ever directly mentioned in the Bible. Even in the writings, Jesus never said "I am God." The answer is simple- at the time of writing, the men who made up these stories did not consider that Jesus was God himself, so the men who morphed the meaning of the fictions later didn't have enough solid writings to make their idea that "Jesus is God" a proven part of the writings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit