We had a great time and met some great people

by Simon 13 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

As you may have gathered, we've just returned from our Vacation / visiting my Dad in Canada. We all had a great time as we always do (I'll post some pics later).

It was very nice of 'Concerned Mama' to invite us over for dinner and for her and her daughter to show us the wonders of the West Edmonton Mall (where we went on a submarine ride!). Thank you so much for taking the time out for us and for your very generous hospitality - we hope we can repay the favour sometime!

We also got to meet 'Shunned Father' in Calgary who is a really nice guy but going through an impossible situation. If ever there was something that you wished you could wave a magic wand and make go away, what he is going through would be it. Still, he is positive and is working hard on his daugthers behalf and I hope he gets the success he deserves (or at least get's a break from any more heartache). Pity there isn't a Calgary Apostafest - I imagine he could really use some support in person.

Anyway, I'll post more details of some of our escapades and stories later!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Simon, glad you had a good time. One day, I'm going to get up to Canada. Shouldn't be too hard since I live only about 300 miles away, LOL.

Good to have you guys back. Looking forward to details and hopefully, pictures?????

Lew W

• Prisca
    Prisca

Welcome back!

I love the title of this thread - that's what holidays are all about, eh?

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Simon,

Have you and Angharad ever thought of coming and visit the Apostofests in America?

regards,

Ajax

• Satanus
    Satanus

West edmonton mall used to be one of the biggest. Edmonton was my stomping grounds from 1972 til 1980. Anyway, i'm glad you liked it. Looking forward to your pictures.

SS

• Simon
    Simon

Sure, we think about it every time ... but then Mr Visa says "No more" and we forget about the whole thing.

I keep telling people that Canada is great but it would be a lot more convenient for us if it was smaller and closer to home ... but I guess then it would be Wales and not as impressive huh?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Simon

Playing the John Sebastian song in background, Welcome Back!

• think41self
    think41self

WELCOME BACK SIMON & ANGHARAD

You were missed.

Tracy

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks for the welcome home everyone - we had a great time. Simon has got some pictures to post when he gets a minute.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Glad to have you back from the Great White North!

((((((((Simon, Angharad & boys)))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit