JWs Ranked by Babylon the Great

by Amazing 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

One of the Watchtower mantras when I became a JW was that the churches of Christendom, aka part of Babylon the Great, were drying up according to Revelation ... and that just a few little old men and ladies were attending her Sunday Service ... whereas the JW religion was supposed to be the fastest growing religion deep in the time of the end ...

Here, now for 2001are the statistics, as published by the National Council of Churches ... so we can see how, 30 years later, Christendom (Babylon Baby) compares to the Most Holy and Pure Jehovah Witnesses ...

U.S. Membership Denominational Ranking: Largest 25 Denominations/Communions 2001 Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches http://www.ncccusa.org/news/01news15.html

1. Roman Catholic Church 62,391,484 (41.29 percent of total)
    2. Southern Baptist Convention 15,851,756 (10.49 percent)
    3. The United Methodist Church 8,377,662 (5.54 percent)
    4. The Church of God in Christ 5,499,875 (3.64 percent)
    5. Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 5,149,668 (3.41 percent)
    6. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 5,113,409 (3.38 percent) 7. Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) 3,561,184 (2.36 percent)
    8. National Baptist Convention of America, Inc. 3,500.000 (2.32 percent)
    9. The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod 2,582,440 (1.71 percent)
    10. Assemblies of God 2,574,531 (1.70 percent)
    11. Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc. 2,500,000 (1.65 percent)
    12. African Methodist Episcopal Church 2,500,000 (1.65 percent)
    13. National Missionary Baptist Convention of America 2,500,000 (1.65 percent)
    14. The Episcopal Church 2,317,794 (1.53 percent)
    15. Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America 1,954,500 (1.29 percent)
    16. Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc., Indianapolis 1,500,000 (0.99 percent)
    17. Churches of Christ, Corsicana, Texas 1,500,000 (0.99 percent)
    18. American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. 1,454,388 (0.96 percent)
    19. United Church of Christ 1,401,682 (0.93 percent)
    20. African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church 1,276,662 (0.84 percent)
    21. Baptist Bible Fellowship International 1,200,000 (0.79 percent)
    22. Christian Churches and Churches of Christ, Joplin, Mo. 1,071,616 (0.71 percent)
    23. The Orthodox Church in America 1,000,000 (0.66 percent)
    24. Jehovahs Witnesses 990,340 (0.66 percent) 25. Church of God (Cleveland, Tenn.) 870,039 (0.58 percent)

Note: When the top ten religions hiccup, they gian or lose more members than the entire JW organization in the USA.

PS: Whoops, I found the LDS / Mormon's. Gawd, I must be blind sometimes. They should have been in the top 5 rankings - not, they are number 6.

Edited by - Amazing on 17 August 2002 17:35:31

• You Know
    You Know

Good point. I have written the Watchtower on that issue a number of times over the years. As with other aspects of prophecy, the Watchtower's interpretation of that prophecy was somewhat hasty. But, there is hope, in that Isaiah 32:4 says that "the heart itself of those who are overhasty will consider knowledge..." Unfortunately, for you, is that at that point the apostates will be made to shiver...due to Jehovah's awesome judgment. (See Isaiah 33:14) The truth of the matter is that the waters of Babylon dry up, as it were, during the tribulation period, as an immediate prelude to the arrival of the "kings from the rising of the sun." (See Revelation 16:12)

/ You Know

• Amazing
    Amazing

God love you, You Know ... you always have a good answer.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Of course, that list doesn't even comment on which are the fastest growing religions, just which have the most members. Any lists available on that statistic?

• Farkel
    Farkel

The "African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church" has 300,000 more members in the US than the dubs! That cracks me up! A hundred solid years of 100% of their membership preaching and the dubs are still a puny little religion who nonetheless think the Universe and all things visible and invisible revolves around THEM! A hundred solid years of 100% of their membership preaching and the dubs are still a puny little religion who nonetheless think the greatest heavenly and earthly battle ever will be over THEM!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• Mary
    Mary

So basically, all those billions of hours that the JWs have spent out in Service have gotten them nowhere.......Geeze, how DID all these other religions get so many members when none of them had to spend every freakin' Saturday preaching to everyone else???

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I've been out for awhile but that U.S. JW number seems waaay off. Wasn't there allot more dubs in the 1980's? It is funny that all that service time and the numbers are going down.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Spider, Farkel, & Mary: Geeze, that sounds kind of cool ... like a fine wine ... I'll have some Spider-Farkel-Mary please. Anyway ...

Spider: I'll check on the fastest growing and post anything I find. But, the JWs are certainly not the fastest, as they have hovered around 2% to 3% for some time. Whereas many other groups, both older and newer are growing much faster.

Farkel: Yep, the Dubs have spent all that time, money, literature, paper, gasoline, sales meetings, speech training, and door-knocking for a very little result ... but they feel real good about themselves. By the way, what happened to your Alfred E. Newman picture? Are you planning a new image?

Mary: All those other religions didn't kick every good person out, and they have a much more friendly environment ... and one more thing ... most Churches have a different way of preaching the gospel that works, but don't tell the Dubs, we would not want them to start growing again ... we want them to waste their time at the doors making jack-asses of themselves.

• Bang
    Bang

I have to reply to Youknow. Yes there is hope - and it's the very hope of the board members here.

there is hope, in that Isaiah 32:4 says that "the heart itself of those who are overhasty will consider knowledge..." Unfortunately, for you, is that at that point the apostates will be made to shiver...due to Jehovah's awesome judgment.

You have it backwards again Youknow - another jwism. Peoples' very hearts can make them consider right from wrong, and desist from the bunkum that they have been willing to perform and follow - this is our hope - that they are fortunate.

It would probably be good for you to shiver in the manner you decree Youknow, but at this stage I think that your mind avoids wrestling with such a tribulation.

bang

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Thanks, Amazing... And, yeah, I was thinking the same thing: No matter how fast the dubs GROW, that is baptize more people, they continue hemhorraging publishers for one reason or another... So their actual growth remains very low...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit