Why I Think Its The Truth!

by normie67 56 Replies latest jw friends

• normie67
    normie67

To All Who Have Responded
    I think maybe Farkel said it best on the other thread with the situation that js2laws and myself find ourselves in...not really trying to defend the Truth but explaining why we are still in!!
    To me personally knowing God's personal name and knowing there isa World wide Botherhoood is encouraging to me!! This response won't be long, but should be able to go more in depth tomorrow....
    The reason I am still regularin the Door-to-Door work is so I don't raise Red Flags to anybody. I mean I go out 1 or 2 a month and that seems to appease the Family and Cong!! Yes I do have a hard time going to9 the door when I have doubts myself!!!
    Thanks everyone with your comments andposts!!
    Me and js2laws are in a tough predicament and just want to try and put a positive spin on everything!!

normie

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

normie,

Trying to put a positive spin on things inside the WT once knowing the real truth about it can be a tough task. Just keep the positive spin a truthful one.

• normie67
    normie67

Scorpion,
    I gues the word "spin" may have not been the right word to use.... Iam not sure what word would fit better!! I fully understand the negativity about the Org. I just am at a point I am trying to justify why I am still active. Scorpion you are right once those doubts creep in theyt overshadow things that you have long held near and dear to you. I believe thats where I am at in the Org now!! Weighing out the Pros and Cons!! I have so many friends in the Org and that helps keep me going...but having to squash all the doubts in your mind and say that "wait on Jehovah" is going to work is tough.....Oh well its a tangled web we weave....when we first try to deceive.....I mean stay in the Truth for others and putting your own thoughts and feelings aside and try and blend in with everybody else.
    I know most here have went thru similar things and can vouch for me the struggle. You know what to top it off this weekend is our Circuit Assy!!! Knowing what I know now makes going super tough!! Oh well atleast it will make my wife and friends happy that I'm going...Might even tell them how much I love the spiritual Banquet that we enjoyed this weekend.....mention some of the pointsd I will use in Service..you know so think I'm still trying.......(I hate that part!!!!!!!!)
    oh well gotta go............

normie

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

normie,

Keep hanging around here and post when you can. Most of the ones here are here to listen and help if they can.

I also did as you are doing now, as far as putting your feelings aside for others in the organization. It tears you up pretty good!

I am glad that I was terminated (it is a long story) in 1989. Leaving was much easier than staying in the org.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hey Normie,

If you just go out to put in time, why not do like a million other JWs do -- report 5 hours a month, period. Then spend your actual time doing something useful.

AlanF

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Normie,

I wonder what you will do at the Memorial when the bread and the wine are passed. Will you reject Christ's ransom sacrifice as you have done in the past?

Just wondering.

Ozzie

• agent2863
    agent2863

Amen,scorpion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit