What did Bleep Say?

by ISP 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Bleep said something critical of Bill Bowen....the post was deleted. Did it use profanity/unaccepted curse words? Deleting stuff is ok......but the board can deal with it, especially posters like 'Bleep'. So what was it about?

ISP

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

What Bleep said:

• Prisca
    Prisca

Does it really matter what Bleep said? After all, where's Bleep jumping up and down about the editing of his post?

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

No, Bleep didn't use any profanity, but called Bill, you know the "a" word: A***STATE.

I found his post interesting, though because he featured the elders in the congregation as uncaring and unloving. I mean that was just my observation.

But I think Bleep needs to apologize to Bill.

BIEEPY, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE COME OUT AND SAY, "SORRY" TO BILL.

NOW, BE A GOOD BOY!

• teejay
    teejay

I've been wondering that myself.

• JanH
    JanH

As I remember it:

Bleep put up a hypothetical situation where JW parents find out their child has been abused by another dub. They take it to the elders. The elders, in this scenario, advices the parents to take it to the police (correct me if i am wrong). One of the parents wants to contact Bill Bowen. Bill Bowen just says "dateline! dateline! dateline!"

I interpreted Bleep as accusing Bill Bowen of putting his desire to obtain anti-WTS publicity ahead of the interests of the victims.

It was put in a lame context, but it is surely a concern that should be raised, and I am sure Bill Bowen has given much thought to balancing the needs of individual victims against the fact that it can help thousands if some few strong individual victims dare go public. And that seems to be what has happened.

Thus Bleep's accusation falls flat, but censoring Bleep's opinion surely makes us look like the apostate flipside of JW Zone. It is shameful and pathetic.

- Jan

• puzzled
    puzzled

are we going to get edited for calling someone an apostate?

• Satanus
    Satanus

testing testing

Edited by - saintsatan on 17 August 2002 11:32:21

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

If my memory serves me right:

The elders didn't tell the parents to call the police. They told them that they would take care of it, and that they shouldn't miss sunday watchtower study.

Now, on this part I'm kinda hazy - The parents in the car were debating whether to call the police or Bill. The father said they would get DF'd if they did. But the mother decided to call Bill, and you know the rest.

Still,

BLEEPY COME OUT AND SAY "SORRY" TO BILL! Don't be too shy. I know you are feeling guilty now. Are you crying? Bleepy, aww...you've made a mistake. Now, say "sorry".

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Puzzled,

it was a matter of ethic. Oh, my! Bleep put up a thread not too long ago on ethics, didn't he?

Isn't there a word for this? ( please no profanity! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit