About The GB-7

by coalize 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• coalize
    coalize

Just asking about this "new light" of the 7 member of the Governing Body (the GB-7) being the FDS

What is the point?

What biblical "argument" have they given about that ? What verse of the Bible have they twist to achieve this crappy affirmation?

And because this news is new for me, I didn't had the time to really think about it, then :

What are the theological consequencies of this change?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The point is the paedophile protecting governing body get all the power attributed to them if they claim to be god's sole channel.

The WBT$ doesn't give a hoot about the bible or god, their gods are the governing body.

The WBT$ is a big pyramid business scam and has nothing to do with theology or truth.

They want power and money because they're a corporation not a church.

It's all about money and power.

• zeb
    zeb
    For many years I was to understand that the FDS was all the workers who printed the books!
  • John_Mann
    John_Mann
    GB: "because we love this idea "
  • coalize
    coalize
    Is there one single JW in the world who is totally update to all these crappy new lights?
  • John_Mann
  • Listener
    Listener

Coalize, there's been a lot of new light lately. Another significant one is that they state they weren't being as discreet as they should have in the past and are dropping all their types and antitype interpretations unless the scriptures indicate clearly that they should apply. Unfortunately they haven't been specific about where the bible clearly indicates this and have only given a few insignificant examples.

Even if a JW was keen enough to keep up to date it is impossible because the GB are not specific enough.

• coalize
    coalize
    and are dropping all their types and antitype interpretations unless the scriptures indicate clearly that they should apply

Really? Very strange piece of cake!

Just by reading that "new light", a question come in my mind : the FDS explanation come from a parabol that the bible doesn't "indicate clearly that they should apply" outside the parabol

And nobody notice?

In the same time, dropping this shitty types and antitypes interpretation is a good thing. First nobody I know never made the point at the difference between type and antitype, and second it was a catalyst of a large bunch of creepy interpretations!

• the girl next door
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

The reason they gave for the FDS being the GB only and not all of the anointed is that the GB in the first century represented the FDS and "fed" the other anointed. So the FDS could not be all anointed, however all anointed receive the benefits that the FDS receives when Jesus comes as they are included in the FDS by extension.

Clear as mud, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit