We are praying for you

by James Mixon 13 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I have Protestants, JW's and Mormons praying for my Soul, (think you very much).

What do you say when you are told that?? I am so much  better since I left the borg, physically, mentally and financially. But just in case the Protestants(Jesus) are right or the Mormons or maybe JW, if I meet my maker I will tell him or her I plea insanity.

My Deity, I knew not who's prayers was being answers on my behalf, my eyes were open but didn't know where it came from. My JW daughter told me she prayed on my behalf, so did my Protestants family members and my Mormon daughter-in law.

You can see it was very confusing. So I didn't know who to give thanks to, so I figured I would think you personally.

You think this might work???? Just in case.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

God is welcome to communicate with me anytime he wants to. Like I have said before - if Ashton Kutcher can communicate with 16 million people with a single twitter account, God could certainly figure out a way to communicate with whomever he chose. How about have us wake up with a note taped to our heads that only we could read?

As far as the prayers - just thank them for their thoughts.

As far as the different christian religions, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If God really wanted to sacrifice his son for all humankind, then he would have left him dead. Like Simon said in another thread, it's just a badly written story. People just want to believe in something I guess.

-TE

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Is there a nice way of saying, "I'm not going to actually DO anything in regard to your problem--but--I'd really like to feel good about my inertia if possible. So, here is how I'll keep my self-respect as well as possibly convince everybody else I really care--I'll ask an invisible, supernatural personage of international renown to violate the laws of nature on your behalf merely because I take the trouble to ask, as well as using the magic word: Jesus."

Yes!  Just say: I'LL PRAY FOR YOU!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I guess I feel the same when a adult ask me, what did Santa bring

you this year. Yes I thank them for their thoughts, I realize that

is something precious to them....

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Just thank God that all these people are telling the Source of all existence, what to do.

Yes, it's even more crazy than that sounds....so is the dance of egoistic insanity.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    "i'll pray for you" is just a no-cost cop out---i must try it next time i get a charity collection can rattled in front of me.
  • steve2
    steve2

It's many years since concerned souls have told me they are praying for me.

But if anyone now told me they were praying for me, I'd instruct them to "Pray harder because it's not working." I'd then direct them to devote much more time and greater effort in their prayer-life. I'd plant the seed in their prayerful minds that no mission is greater than my salvation and how can they decently rest until I am saved? If they consider me worth saving they'd better get to work! I require nothing less than hard-working prayers from believers. It's all about actions speaking louder than words.  None of this brief mentioning my name in an occasional prayer and then having the need to tell me ( as if telling me bolsters the power of prayer).

Get down on your knees right now and pray, pray, pray - and don't stop until the desired result is forthcoming. 

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

James T "egoistic insanity" good one.

stan:you may get a charity collection can upside your head. Have you

ever offered a meal instead of cash to folks with signs along the freeways.

steve2: WOW, I have to try that next time "Get down on your knees right

now and pray, pray, pray-and don't stop until the desired result is forthcoming"'

I like that.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I have had people say this in all sincerity. My response is "thank you." 
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

have you ever heard a JW Elder pray for starving children in the world from

the platform. The only prayers I can recall"we pray for our brothers and

sisters". I guess they figure it's Jehovah's will that all others suffer, if they

are not a JW...I guess it wouldn't make sense too pray for the suffering

of the little ones when you are looking forward to the massacre of billions, that

would be counterproductive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit