Witnesses attacked by demons!

by dsgal 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dsgal
    dsgal

Does anybody remember all those stories in the Awake! magazines about witnesses being attacked by demons? I wonder why they never print anything of this nature anymore?

• Swan
    Swan

Yes, I definitely remember those. It even happened to a young girl in our congregation. My mother told me this story when I was very young. The sisters got together and did a witch hunt, found some old religious material in a back closet in the house and had it destroyed. It wouldn't burn at first, so a brother doused it in gasoline. Eventually it caught fire and burned. My mother warned me that if Satan ever talked to me, or the demons ever started to molest me in bed at night, to call upon the name of JEHOVAH and then come and tell her.

Hard to believe now, but as a child it really scared me!

• Larry
    Larry

Yeah, I heard that story as well. Including stories about demons having sex with sisters, a demonized penny, and furniture that jumped up and down. Peace - LL

• DJ
    DJ

Strange but true. Unfortunately, my youngest sister had something very similar happen to her....It does happen. I didn't want to believe it, figured she was just cracking up. After a series of events though, I was sure that this was not all in her head. She too, was advised to burn items in her basement from her past, etc. It was a really bad time for my family. She is ok now, still suffers from anxiety attacks and she is still a dub. I never would have believed this in a million years but it does happen. DJ

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Wow, aint it funny how this seems to be so common among JW's. Is this kind of stuff happen alot to regular people, or just JW's? Growing up i remember the same kind of stories. Kids my age burning rock albums that wouldnt burn, or dumping them in the trash can outside after cracking them up (the old wax albums before cd's) and then the next day they would be back in their bedrooms fully intact. (yeah right) Another ex-jw told me several years ago that when the WTS released info. on the smurfs, (calling them demonic) that several JW's reported seeing a smurf run across the stage at a district assembly!!! (Run Papa smurf!!!)

There was also a book written by a WTS staff member in Rutherfords day, that dealt with the fallen angels. It included pictures of them, ect....I remember my dad telling me that many witnesses got rid of the book because of demon problems. When i asked a few questions about the book a year ago or so, i was told that the society actually did not print the book, but basically it was written by a staff member, and Rutherford approved of it. (maybe someone reading this can shed a little more light on this)

Anyway, ive been around alot of other religions now that i am an adult, and i dont know of anyone group in particular as paranoid as the JW's when it comes to this stuff. You would think they would be more secure, if they trusted Jehovah as they say they do.

• minimus
    minimus

This post should be DEMONS ATTACKED BY WITNESSES! It seems the poor demons are always being blamed by the Witnesses.

• Swan
    Swan

Sandigger,

I believe the book you are referring to is called "Angels and Women" and it is available from Amazon or jjrizo here on this board. Here is a thread that talks about it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33995&site=3

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Ugly duckling, i knew someone would come through. Thanks for the thread!!!

Minimus LOL!!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It's probably not popular to talk about demons in the magazines now, especially since they're busy trying to put a happy spin on everything. However, I know from personal experience that demons will harass people - we had them in our house when I was 9 and it was NOT a pleasant experience. The events cannot be explained away, unless Mom and I were both doing funny mushrooms. Demons are real.

• Francois
    Francois

There was a young girl in my congo in Savannah, GA who was supposedly "bothered by the demons" and was frequently brought to the kingdom hall in a stretcher-like bed under covers. It was quite a spectical. I was too young and inexperienced about anything to have any insights into this.

She was a beautiful girl, too.

Now, after having quite a bit of experience with young girls who were being sexually abused, I fully believe that is what was really going on with this young woman. She was having all sorts of psychological and emotional presentiments as a result of being sexually abused.

Later in her life, she became the only young woman I personally knew who developed an hysterical pregnancy: swollen breasts that lactated, enlarged abdomen, cessation of menstrual cycle, the whole shot. And she was no more pregnant than me.

And other than attempts at getting pregnant, she wanted nothing to do with sex.

Demons, my ass. Someone in her family was having a good time with a young, good-looking girl.

Francois

Edited by - francois on 16 August 2002 10:4:48

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit