What are you up to this summer?

by Xanthippe 47 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

XANTHIPPE- Sorry to hear that you felt lonely the other night. I think many of us go through those feelings sometimes. I wish you lived out closer to California and could come to the July 10th to 12th apostafest ! On The Way Out is right- it will be a blast and lots of fun catching up with old friends on the board and newer friends we haven't even met yet ! Lots of great food, BBQing, drinking, swimming, playing music, hiking- just a really chill environment with laid back non-judgmental relaxed people. Wish you could come. I know you'll be with us in spirit.

Later this summer or in the fall I hope to go on a hiking trip with my son searching for Bigfoot or Sasquatch in the remote Sierra mountains. We'll see how our schedules mesh. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Sounds like everyone has some great plans!! Anniversaries, vacations, time with family...love it!! So wish I could make it to Lake Tahoe!

LisaRose- I hope nothing weird happens during your visit to Eureka! Sheriff Carter will take care of it and perhaps Zane can provide some eye candy lol (a reference to one of my favorite shows)

Mine started with an island adventure in the Caribbean. My birthday is next month and my daughter turns 18 this summer. She is going on a Young Life retreat next month and she is so looking forward to it! She is on a spiritual quest. :)

And best of all I am doing a fitness transformation boot camp for 6 weeks. Scared but super excited!! All of this in addition to a trip back home for my nephew's birthday and my sister's wedding shower (she is getting married late summer) and a 24 credit course load while working full time :)

I think this summer will fly but I am so excited about it all!!!

Can anyone please send rain to NC?? My lawn and plants are crispy :(

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Flipper I wish I could come, have a great time. Hope you find Bigfoot as well.

Joyfulfader, wow you've got a lot planned. Enjoy all the birthdays and the wedding shower, plus fitness boot camp. I will do a rain dance for your garden 🌻💨☁️💦

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster
    Some minor surgery early next month. A couple of weeks recovery. Then when I get the all clear, a road trip north from Florida to Montreal to visit hubby's rellies up there and enjoy some great Quebec food. On the way back, we will go via Maine where I've never been and get me some lobster! Further south, we'll stop off at a few barbecue meccas and get us some good 'Q'. I love road trips. The freedom, the flexibility, the view along the way.
  • fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

My husband and I just got back from Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. This is a huge cave system with many different formations of stalagmites and stalactites. In the evening we watched as thousands of bats emerged from the cavern entrance. The desert was stunning as we drove along. We were able to drive there in one day from Houston, and it was so enjoyable to view the different topography of the areas we went through.

It was wonderful. It was wonderful to go somewhere without having to endure a convention first, and then get only a short time because all the money was spent on an approved motel and putting money in the contribution box,

I hope everyone can enjoy some time with nature this summer.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Gulf Coaster I hope your surgery goes well. We did a road trip some years ago and had lobster in Maine and went to Montreal. We went to Niagara, New York, Martha's Vineyard, Boston too. You're right the freedom is great. Have a wonderful time!

Fleshyheadedmutant your Mexico holiday sounds amazing. Love the idea of those caves and thousands of bats. Summer is a good time to get out in nature I agree.

I feel just the same about the conventions taking all our money. My mother had so little money and she faithfully took us four kids to the conventions and then there was nothing left for holidays. We only went on three cheap holidays in my entire childhood and never out of the UK. We have to make up for it now don't we.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Well I decided to do it, yesterday I booked flights to Athens for myself and my daughter. I've been watching all the news about Greece, poor souls they are really struggling. Apparently it is safe to go there and they need the influx of cash, they don't want the tourists to stay away.

Actually I have wanted to visit Athens for nearly thirty years since I started studying about ancient Greece before I left the cult. So we're going. Yippee!

Anyone else have plans for this summer they want to share?

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster
    Xanthippe, wow, Greece! Good for you. I was there years ago but would like to go again one day. Have a wonderful trip. Enjoy the delicious food. I love Greek cuisine.
  • freemindfade
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks Gulf Coaster, I love Greek food too.

FMF ????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit