Interesting RC Experience

by Blackfalcon98 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

I recently attended the RC for my area. While there, I encountered a old family "friend" who recently lost her JW husband. As the interaction proceeds she relates that her grand daughter, who's around my age (early twenties) has "left Jehovah". I then asked my mother if the young woman in question was "bright". She affirmed, and I felt so encouraged; I'm known for being a once zealous MS, who is currently an apathetic free-thinker/rebel. I felt powerless the entire RC, to intervene in the massive indoctrination of thousands who will waste their lives in this cult.

The Youth are Waking up!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

God let's hope so.

Now if we could only get each young person that wakes up to wake someone else up before they go.

Sort of like a pay it forward program, the motto could be "Wake me up before you go-go"

Yeah, that could work.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Unfortunately many of them leave before fully understanding TTATT only to come back later as an insurance policy for their kids.....Im hoping I get a few people to think while I'm still in
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh, for sure.

If you do not educate yourself on WT history and policy you are in danger of returning later in life.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

RC in Long Beach, CA this past weekend only 29 baptized of the 7,000+ in attendance. Everyone is waking up it seems.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

sparrowdown - If you do not educate yourself on WT history and policy you are in danger of returning later in life.

So true. Many who leave, don't get an adequate education on not only in WT history/policy but other topics (e.g. science, critical thinking). I find it a shame that people who wake up to the idea that they have been indoctrinated to be so sure of beliefs would not be able to take just take 5 minutes of their time to learn how to question all their beliefs. To me, these seem the most susceptible to either going back or ending up in yet another religion/cult.

That is what happened to my brother. In the time he was out (~10 years) he neither examined the problems with the JWs and with religions and Gods in general. He didn't fill his head with science and critical thinking, etc. He was never able to fill the spiritual/superstitious void so, he went back.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

eyeuse2badub: RC in Long Beach, CA this past weekend only 29 baptized of the 7,000+ in attendance. Everyone is waking up it seems.

That's less than 1/2 of 1 percent!

When I became a JW in the '80s it was usual to have 1.5 - 2% of the attendance baptized.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?
    At the one I just went to out of about 3k attendance 15 were dipped or double dipped in one case. Congrats Falcon on one more waking up!
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Given all of the parts lately about children on the service meetings I would tend to agree. The GB sees a wound that is hemorrhaging the youth and they are trying to fill it quickly.

Baptizing children so young suits no other agenda then to try and keep young ones in by emotional bribery. Its not even scriptural, nowhere can they justify child baptism period.

• done4good
    done4good

Many who leave, don't get an adequate education on not only in WT history/policy but other topics (e.g. science, critical thinking).

While very much a topic in of itself, learning critical thinking is really about learning a process. Once mastered, all other topics/subjects become much easier to think clearly through. One can fill their head with all of the science they want, but if they did not learn to critically analyze the information first, what is learned can be easily forgotten, and/or replaced with something far less logical. Many well educated people, (at least in the past), still became converts because they never really learned critical thinking to begin with.

Thankfully, most universities today teach classes in logic and critical thinking, and many majors require it as core classwork.

Edit: Many anti-science groups, (not just the JWs), are aware of the above and pushing very hard to remove critical thinking from core curriculums at both the high school and university level. I wonder why???

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit