Normalcy bias keeps JWs from leaving

by zimunzucz 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The thing is people are quiting, growth is stagnant and all the changes are sure to wake up more. Religion is becoming less and less relevant.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Zimunzucz, I also read The Orwellian World of Jehovahs Witnesses from my college library in the mid 90s.

I was already out simply because the whole thing felt wrong, but reading that hit me like a ton of bricks. I could really see the parallels to Orwells 1984. Eerie.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz
    A college student could do a PHD thesis on WT mind control of JWs- they use every mind trick in the book.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have been frustrated by the inability of most JWs to escape their bondage to the KH, despite repeated exposure to negative information about their religion and belief system......zimunzucz

A lot of JWs don`t want to escape WBT$ Bondage..

They`re happy right where they are..

Image result for Watchtower Logo

...........................Image result for happy prisoner

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

done4good - "...if they do that, they will effectively no longer be the authoritarian organization that they currently are..."

...i.e., they would no long be Jehovah's Witnesses.

They simply can't, any more than they can dump apocalypticism, creationism, or their own sense of exclusivity; it's too heavily ingrained in the religion's DNA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit