Need Damning Info. on Watchtower

by StinkyPantz 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JT
    JT

you are making the classic mistake that former jw often make OVER KILL

TAKE A lesson from the wt- i recall how so many jw would OVER KILL THIER families with the things they were learning as a jw and piss their family off.

my mom is a perfect example - when her bro came back to NC from NY he had just gotten baptized and the first hour home he told my mom who was a baptist that there was

no christmas, hell, not all going to heaven, baptist been teaching lies and YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE PASTOR OR buy that new Cadilac for him..

my mom THRU him out of the house and it was almost 2 yrs before they would speak

well a good jw knows that you can't OVER KILL FOLKS WT HAS TAUGHT its members to serve small portions steak instead of eatting the whole cow-

case in point ABOUT 6 yrs ago the km instructed all bible studies to be introduced to THE ORG

IN FACT a good jw would set aside 15 min at the end of the reg study to share some facets of the org with person and for reason to build appreiation and in time the person would accept the most important dogma wt has THE FDS speak for god, once a person has accepted that concept EVERYTING ELSE IS MOOT that is what you are trying to remove from their hearts and mind the FDS speak for god

so here you have your folks who have been jw for 10-50yrs, meetings week in week out and all this constant indocritnation any you want to go over with a few pages of some funky Xeroxed copies of some stuff you got off THE INTERNET and snatched them out of the org YEA RIGHT

MY DEAR friend my advice to you is to listen to those WHO HAVE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO

BUT NOW that you are no longer a jw it is true no one can tell you what to do, but i would highly recommend you follow the advice given if you want any chance at getting your folks out

just my 2

• larc
    larc

I agree with Crystal's approach. Ask them questions and encourage them to do the research. For example, mention that you had heard that the WT had been an NGO of the UN, and ask them if that was true. If they say no, ask them how do they know and encourage them to ask the UN and ask at Bethel. I don't know if that is the best issue to introduce to your parents, but I think you get the idea. Now, even though you may not see your parents again for a long time, you can still maintain dialogue via mail and e-mail, so this could give you a chance for extending the dialogue at a slow pace.

• Crystal
    Crystal

Stinky..please don't be so stubborn as to decide this is it..you will never see them again.Keep the lines of communication open...people do change...sometimes it is a slow process and sometimes its overnight.
    They will really think that Satan has a tight grip on you...If you close the door on them..some day you will regret it...I have been there.I could kick myself for cutting all ties.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Stinky..please don't be so stubborn as to decide this is it

This comment hurts my feelings considering I'm not the one being stubborn, it's my family. They have made the decision no to speak to me.

If you close the door on them..some day you will regret it

Umm, they made this choice, not me. . .

Now, even though you may not see your parents again for a long time, you can still maintain dialogue via mail and e-mail, so this could give you a chance for extending the dialogue at a slow pace.

Once again, I don't think so. They refuse to talk to me.

you are making the classic mistake that former jw often make OVER KILL

I haven't done anything yet, geez!

so here you have your folks who have been jw for 10-50yrs, meetings week in week out and all this constant indocritnation any you want to go over with a few pages of some funky Xeroxed copies of some stuff you got off THE INTERNET and snatched them out of the org YEA RIGHT

In my thread I told you that I wanted addresses so that I could write to the organazitions involved so that I wouldn't have xeroxed copies but actual letters.

Umm I thank everyone for their advice but really I just wanted email addies and other addresses, I've already made up my mind.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Wow , I thought i was rude,they were just trying to help...they did'nt deserve that attack!Thank you would have been enough,sure many of them will think twice about answering any of your post!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I've tried both approaches on family members.

First, since I was outraged and new out of the JWs, I tried the garbage truck approach. I dumped the whole load of just about everything I've ever heard bad about the WT onto my JW family members. It works great! By that I mean if you want to make sure you scare the living the hell out of your JW family and repel them to a degree that they never speak to you again. It may work in very rare circumstances, but this method is almost completely ineffective.

If you're interested in helping your JW family members out of the Watchtower, instead of hitting back at them with a ton of negative information because they shun you, then I recommend the following. The best approach in my personal experience is simply to play the confused person who is seeking help. Ask the JW for help in showing you where you are wrong. Express confusion and a willingness to listen. Then say, I have a problem understanding.....fill in the blank with whatever you want: blood issue, chronology, UN, child molesting issue, whatever. The JW will feel the responsibility to answer your questions and their aposto-alarm will not be so quick to go off.

But do it your way, Pantz. Some people have to learn by doing it wrong before they learn to do it better. I certainly did. And I regret it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit