So many miles

by kenpodragon 1 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Tonight when I was riding my bike, I was riding a little further then normal. In doing so I was starting to feel a little tired and uneasy. So I turned around and I could see in the way off distance the area I started at, what amazed me was how far I had really come. It was encouraging to see that I had put so many miles between me and the starting point.

It got me thinking as I road further, about what I was like 6 years ago. How I was a Witness and a gung ho zealot in the Kingdom Hall. Someone who could take on anything, and come away with success. Someone who never thought that one day I would be calling myself a Pagan, and writing on a board populated by DF'ed, DA'ed and Apostates.

The thing is, if I only looked at the beginning and the end, none of my present life would make any sense. Thus I know and I contemplate the issues in the middle. The miles I have passed in these six years and the knowledge those miles have imparted. It helps to look at them, and to sometimes review them years later. As I have learned that often life's greatest wisdoms lie in the past with moments we did not think about enough.

Yes I have travel miles, and I have road them through curves and up hills. I have seen people come into my life with the best of intentions, and allowed them to leave with the best of motives. The motive to keep my life on the course that I want. I have seen events happen that I thought would be a challenge, and now see them as nothing more then a speed bump I had to peddle over slowly. The miles sure do pass quickly, but yet they all do pass.

So as I rode my bike this evening and looked back at the distance I had traveled, I realized that that distance empowered me to realize I could continue on and move ever forward. Sometimes it pays to look back, but only to see what we have learned and what we have left behind. Not with remorse, or discouragement ... but with pride for our success, and hope for our future.

Just my thought

Dragon

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

aww (((dragon))) nice post. keep ridin' !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit