Next year's intl conventions - for PR?

by Aaac 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Aaac
    Aaac

Next year, JW's have international conventions at least in Switzerland, Spain, S Africa, Japan and Australia. They usually have their big conventions in countries where they desperately need some positive PR, so what is going on in these countries?

Link:

http://www.purelanguage.net/forums/showthread.php?s=936a153943ddd7589d894cf09059a179&threadid=3033

• writerpen
    writerpen

Seems to me that if PR determined location, then U.S. and United Kingdom would make top of the list.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Sounds like great vacation spots for the members of the Governing Body to travel to.

Wonder why they never have them in Bosnia, Malawahi, (sp?) Etheopia, India, Pakistan, Afgahnistan. Could it be that these poor countries just don't offer the comforts that the members of the GB expect when they travel to international conventions.

I guess when Jehovah wipes out all the poor people from these countries at armageddon it will be their own fault for not taking care of "the least of Jesus brothers" in the fashion they expect.

BB

• Aaac
    Aaac

I think these TV pedofile incidents in UK & USA (+Germany) came too late if you wanted to arrange a large international gathering. There must be something "wrong" in these actual convention countries in a long run, I guess.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There's been an International announced for USA - my wife just asked me if she could go to it, next year. She want's to travel with a couple of other Pioneer sisters.

I might let her (assuming our marriage lasts that long), as it would give me the chance to get a vacation to see some guys Stateside.

• Aaac
    Aaac

So you mean, next year, there will be international conventions in US? So it will be as I assumed, the "need" of PR will be met some time too late.

• SYN
    SYN

LT, what a situation, your wife attending Conventions, and you living it up at Apostofests! Oh the irony! LOL!

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Only the one that I can recall is an international convention in Montreal (Quebec, Canada). It will be 4 days

I've forgotten the others

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Gee I thought Armageddon came in 1975, whats all this about? Aren't they in the 1000 yr reign? Didn't someone say "pedophile paradise." Watch out you other countries they are comming to see you.

I think someone goofed at the World Headquarter of the WTBS? Should we tell them? Oh heck let them find out for themselves.

• nancee park
    nancee park

Aaac, Japan membership is decreasing rapidly and a major person in Japan's Bethel quit the Watchtower Society. Several years ago a JW quit in S. Africa and talked thousands of others into quitting after the end failed to come. I think that was (1914+80) in 1994 or 1995 when so many quit. The Watchtower Society increased membership there again after he did that for a while but I suppose it's slipping again. Why? Well, note that South Africa also has more internet access than is available in the other nations of Africa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit