A plea for the silent lambs

by mikepence 31 Replies latest jw friends

• badwillie
    badwillie

Mike-

Mark and I are going to see what we can kick into the pot. We really want to make this happen any way we can.

Mr. Biggs and I are also arranging Philly Phest III for this Friday night - we will pass the "hat" around and take up a collection there too.

We'll make it.

-BW.

• LDH
    LDH

BW

I need the dates, too.

I've got a close friend that is a flight attendant, and he owes me a few favors. Let me see if he can get some "buddy passes"--$70 round trip.

Lisa

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I don't know what to say. It overwhelms me. I don't have any childeren, but was sexualy assulted by a brother as an adult. I can't imagine what it is like for a child.

Are you going to be in NYC for the Silentlamb march? I hope to meet you there.

Tess

• mikepence
    mikepence

As of 9:30 am Arizona time, we have received help from 7 people for a total of $120, 12% of our goal.

I greatly appreciate this assistance. When I took my laptop home last night, with this thread downloaded for the family to see, the kids were thrilled. It gave them hope that maybe we can make it to New York and they can get a chance to make their voices heard and no longer be silent lambs.

My son Ryan cried about what happened to him for the first time since he initially told us just a few months ago. We considered that a major breakthrough. Your kind words of support helped.

But, we are a far way from our goal. Like all of you, I have bitched and complained endlessly on the net about the abuses of this organization.

THIS IS A CHANCE TO ACTUALLY *DO SOMETHING* AS A FORMER JW -- something much more effective than complaining on an obscure internet discussion board.

When else in our lifetime will there be a highly publicized march on the headquarters of this cult?! Our being there will not only greatly benefit our kids, it will also give the media an additional news hook -- something new to report about: the outing of yet another child sex abusing elder!

Please help! As of this writing, 629 views of this thread have occurred. If only half of those viewers had contributed $3 each, a Big Mac and Coke, we would be at our goal! Even a small contribution helps.

Lets show Jehovah's Witnesses what they fear most: that we can be united and get behind something.

I WANT TO STAND BEFORE THE WORLD MEDIA AND SAY "I AM HERE TODAY BECAUSE OUR FRIENDS AT JEHOVAHS-WITNESS.COM AND OTHER CURRENT AND FORMER JW'S ON THE NET SPONSORED OUR FAMILY'S TRIP HERE."

I will also be taping the march and writing about it for publication, so this will help keep the momentum that silentlambs and others have created in full swing!

Like any population, growth or shrinkage is exponential! If we can keep this press coverage going the organization will suffer major losses in its membership and be forced to take a more moderate stance and protect children!

Please help in whatever amount you can: http://www.amazon.com/paypage/P2RANMTQODEI4E

Thanks,
    Mike Pence

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Mike,

has the statute of limitations run out on filing a civil suit against the molester?

• mikepence
    mikepence

Not at all. I intend to try to get Jeffrey Anderson to work with me. I am going after this guy with everything I have.

BTW, this guy is a major contributor $$$ to the Watchtower. He has been on the cover of the Watchtower! I will be holding that magazine in my hand before the cameras in NY!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Mike,

by all means then, contact a good and reputable attorney who will take your case on a contingency. I would think (don't know for sure) that it would be in this attorney's interest to also help defray your travel expenses when you travel to file your case.

Just an idea.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Thanks so much for posting this info Mike, I know Laurie F. also mentioned wanting to attend but being short on funds. It would be a sad thing if "money" kept anyone that is passionate about this issue from attending........we should all be happy that there are people who WANT to attend and if all it takes is a couple of bucks, well we've got nothing to whine about.....

get this man to Philly quick............................

Edited by - deddaisy on 14 August 2002 16:35:12

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Mike (and family)...........

My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. I hope that you reach your goal and that your family can begin the healing process. Hugs and prayers from Minnesota........

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Kick some ass, Mick.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit