Bill will you escape the cult?

by libra_spirit 18 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Jim,

You make so much sense. Of course, Jehovah has LEFT the building! (Not that he was there ever in the first place.)

Your comments always put everything in the right perspective--Thanks!

YC

• Helen
    Helen

libra..I also have talked to Bill......email me also if you would like some info or at the very least email D ok?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Bill knows the score. On Dateline and Panorama, you could see in his eyes that he is no Watchtower Drone. He's seen the man behind the curtain. This is why he got DF'd, while the drones stand around and say

"I can't believe he went to the media!!!"

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

An excellent thread.

jjrizo and I share the same sentiment.

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is a multimillion dollar book-publishing company masquerading under the guise of religion. They have accomplished this on a global scale.

Once you take the time to research and analyze the Watchtower's doctrines and practices, you would clearly see that they are a false prophet, and hold an endless array of contradictions and vacillations in their belief system.

Any person who identifies themselves as a member of this organization is subsequently silenced or shunned if they DARE to question the authority of the Watchtower leaders.

Like DanTheMan stated, Bill Bowen has seen behind the curtain.

The Emperor has no clothes.

The Great and Powerful Wizard in the Land of Dubdom Oz is nothing more than a group of feeble, ailing old men who are desperately clinging to the power they possess over other humans as they gaze into their inevitable fate of death like anyone else.

The Watchtower Society has many sins to atone for.

I for one will revel in ecstacy in watching their troubled times ahead.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 13 August 2002 19:48:40

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

If I answer one way I alienate Jws who may need help and support through silentlambs, if I answer another way I alienate those who hate the organization and may need the support of silentlambs. Therefore I choose to remain neutral when it comes to comments about personal opinion regarding belief. One thing I have learned is to support the opinion and belief of each individual. Therefore in supporting ALL who come to silentlambs for assistance we cannot build camps on either side of the fence.

I would love to see the "silentlambs march" made up of people coming together for a common purpose to protect children not to settle old scores or personal agendas. I have much to be bitter about, but for a greater purpose I can lay that aside to assist and support those who have suffered far more.

Remember, at any silentlambs gathering we practice "don't ask don't tell" when it comes to status in the organization. Not knowing is a protection for those who are still within who may wish to offer support. The fact I am df is a negative in that regard, yet my parents work for a company that is owned by a DF man. that does not stop them from collecting a check. so to with silentlambs, just because I am DF does not mean that JWs cannot support silentlambs as an organization that helps protect children. To remain true to those ideals, I am required to not try to influence a person's beliefs or to condemn what their choice of spirituality may be. With that stance, silentlambs ramains a non-apostate website no matter how many lies the wt wants to tell. Anyone that views the site should be able to clearly see that.

Now if you are at a crossroads and need assistance to find a belief, I have no problem privately offering a few suggestions depending on your circumstances. I have no interest in being a spiritual leader at this point. For some people that means to get involved in the organization and pioneer, for others it could mean something quite the opposite. Its kind of like when I was an elder and a sister wanted to leave her husband, I would never tell her what to do, but more or less to weigh her options and then make a decision that was in her best interests as well as those of her children. There never was the same answer for every person as each set of circumstance is different. So to with being a Jehovah's Witnesses or not.

I can assure all I am quite happy with my decisions, but publicly I remain a neutral man of mystery.

silentlambs

• seven006
    seven006

Bill,

Very well stated and very understandable. I think you sacrifice more than some will ever know.

Dave

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Thank you for your response.

• nancee park
    nancee park

It's the same for "Free Christians" in general, that is ex-JWs now enjoying Christian freedom. There's unity via what the Bible calls the greatest bond "love" (Colossians 3:14) rather than forced uniformity of views on all Bible doctrinal matters. Or to translate that a bit, while most for example may believe in some going to heaven and others resurrected on Earth, no one can speak for everyone else's views on such things, and yet we still present a united group against Watchtower dictatorship by staying friends (having Love) anyway.

There's two Christians. One knows all the Bible answers but is unloving. The other is totally unsure of any answers but is loving. Which do you prefer? Which does God prefer??

You know the answer. Love is the Way. The movement is a "fellowship" rather than a new church. The WTS laughs thinking "a movement" can't do anything to its Tower. Wrong!

Bill has freedom to believe however he wishes. The important thing is not what he believe so much as what he has done and continues to do to help the children, and yes, also the adults, whether JWs, exJWs or of the public.

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

I understand, and thank you for the response. The issue of silentlambs is not Religion, it is abuse, so you are maintaining neutrality in Religion. You see these as seperate issues. I can respect that.

I suppose I am not that kind, I have a lot of trouble seperating the JW Religion from the abuse, even to the point of equating the two. Because I have seen so many in it's ranks abused in so many other ways as well.

Anyway Bill I send you my Love and Hugs and sincerely hope you can get through this stressfull time.

DL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit