Organization Pulled inTwo Directions

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Consistent with the factions working behind the scenes, the
    organization is being pulled in two directions:

First, to survive, they must get dumber and crazier. They must close
    their eyes and minds every day to keep contrary evidence out.
    They must go closer and closer to a nearly psychotic view of
    the world around them - muttering about apostates, persecution,
    and the Devil.

On the other hand, they must adapt to legal challenges, declining
    resources (money), internet exposure, defectors, and disaffected
    Witness youth.

Hard line - Compromise - Hard Line - Compromise

The likely result is more of what the Watchtower excells at

PRETENSE!

Towards the end of the Soviet Empire, a joke made its way
    thru Russian society. Stalin, Khrushev and Brezhnev are riding
    a train that suddenly stops.

Stalin says "Let's shoot the engineers and get the train moving"
    Khrushev says " Let's offer them higher incentives to fix the train"

Brezhev says "Let's sit quietly and make train noises and pretend
    the train is moving"

Exactly!

More pretense, more lies, more make believe, more platitudes,
    more 'things-you-didn't see', more illusions

The interesting thing to observe will be individual Witnesses
    who 'snap' under the strain - either suddenly 'waking up'
    to 'apostasy' - or ending up swallowing a handfull of sleeping
    pills - or reacting in bizarre ways we can't even predict.
    I've seen it all happen!

Take a crazy system and put pressure on it
    and what will it generate - except more craziness?

metatron

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Well said! There does not seem to be a way back to the "good old days", only a menacing slide into farce and fiasco.

• SYN
    SYN

The "JW System of Things" is under loads of pressure already. Combining stupendously boring meetings with spectacularly boring Field Service, with the occasional uber-boring Convention thrown in, all bound up in a network of self-contradicting doctrine and greed for power and status, you're going to have casualties.

Already, thousands are doing exactly what you mentioned, Metatron - taking a few too many sleeping pills, hoping to wake up in the New System, even though it is considered a terrible sin in JW circles to commit suicide. For them, the BOrganization is all there is ("Where else are you going to go?"), and once it's shown to be a complete and utter lie, some people simply are too institutionalized to cope.

It's much like 80-year old men that have spent their lives in prison being released - they cannot cope with the outside world, and usually commit crimes again sharpish so they can get back into the clink, where they can live again.

Previously, the situation was tough, and now it's just getting tougher, with the Tower introducing harsh new disfellowshipping policies, quietly dropping it's most murderous doctrine of all, the Blood Doctrine, and getting rid of the notion of an Annointed Class. Yup, they're definitely compromising. Remember, crazy whacko religions get less donations than mainstream ones.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

How could they drop the blood policy? After so many people have died they are going to say "surprise! New light!' ?????? I would think that members would leave in droves. But then again, if they were whacked out enough to buy all the other WT crap then maybe they would still stick around and listen to the NEW LIGHT logic.

• Nicodemus
    Nicodemus

Hmmm . . .

During this Sunday's WT Study, the words of Isaiah 60:17 are considered, where the prophecy says: "Instead of the copper I shall bring in gold . . . and I will appoint peace as your overseers and righteousness as your task assigners."

The study, of course, applies these words to the "progressive" changes made in "theocratic procedure" over the years, and how we all "benefit" from these. This is cited as one of many evidences that Jehovah is "blessing our organization in these last days."

I wonder if some of our brothers, particularly in the New York area, are going to find it hard to reconcile that with a certain article in the New York Times this past Sunday.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wow, metatron, you have a way with words! That's exactly how I was feeling - I tried making the train noises for a while, then just snapped. No sleeping pills, though - just left. It seems like the articles and things I am hearing from "outside" are getting more and more frantic, and the only thing I hear from my book study conductor is "go back to meetings." Doesn't matter what my concerns are: "go back to meetings." Same with two old friends who are too deeply entrenched in the routine to admit to the problems - I know they see them - "go back to meetings." No good reason why, though. I think I'm going to get Caller ID . . . .

• metatron
    metatron

they will ease away from the blood issue

and the suckers will buy into it.

Once you abandon logic, anything is possible.

metatron

• nita6368
    nita6368

The WTS has always been crazy, we are just looking at it from the other side of the fence now.

Now we see the craziness but when we were living in it every day, it was normal to us,it was our salvation.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It is my understanding that they have dropped the Blood policy in some countries already.........remember..."New Light, Makes it Right!" hehe

Just like organ transplants...........

Edited by - thichi on 13 August 2002 16:15:0

• twain30
    twain30

Recently changes have been made as to the Blood Issue and Child Abuse. These have been changes they've been forced to make due to problems. Its like the tail is wagging the dog.

Much of the criticism that the society is now taking isn't, "Persecution for Righteousness Sake" its deserved. What's bothersome to me is that they just can't seem to own up to it when they make a mistake, its always someone else's fault-never their's.

The message to the publishers is not, "Know the scriptures and handle the Word of God aright," it is, "Listen to the Faithful & Discreet Slave no matter what, put it into automatic and let us think for you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit